unable to burn media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fritz982, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fritz982

fritz982 Registered Member

My preference for storing my backup image he is on CD or DVD discs. This is where I'm having problems. Each and every time I start the process of the burn, using either CD media or DVD, I get a pop-up message that ends to burn. That message tells me or indicates to me, and I'm not using good-quality media and I'm unable to proceed with the process. Facts are I'm using three different brands of both CD and DVD media, I am also using two different burners one internal and one external, and still receive this message using all of this. I have been able to burn a rescue image, with no problems. But when it comes time to burn the disk image, each and every session ends up with this message. So to have any ideas on how to accomplish this process. Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fritz982,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Did you get the error message "Poor Media Quality"?

We recommend you to install a UDF packet DVD writing software such as Ahead InCD or Roxio DirectCD, format DVD disсs by means of this software and then use formatted disсs with Acronis True Image. Please also read the FAQ.

Please also make sure you are using a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW disc, as other types of media cannot be used to create a bootable rescue CD. Please try to update any third-party CD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on the respective web-site.

If the problem remains please download, unpack and install the following file:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImage8.0_cdlog_s_en.zip (Acronis True Image 8.0 Standard English)

After this please run the program, reproduce the problem and send the cdrecord.log file created in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder to support@acronis.com along with the link to this tread..

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

The error messages you see are improperly generated by TrueImage 8 and have been a problem in the last few builds. I don't know why Acronis still doesn't recognize this. Apparently they don't use their own product to try to burn to a cd.

I burn to cd's not dvd's so my comments apply only to cd's with an internal burner. When I begin the backup process and see the incorrect error message telling me my media is no good, I click to proceed or retry NOT cancel. Then the burn continues and I can back up my whole drive and restore it.

Maybe someday Acronis engineers will back up a hard drive to cd's and see this problem for themselves. It has been reported many times over. Someday they may finally repair it rather than apologize and ask us for more input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.