Unable to boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by John Steven, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Steven

John Steven Registered Member

I created a bootable DVD as per wdormann's post, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=205798&postcount=11 and can't get the laptop to go past the Acronis splash screen. The DVD boots and works on my other laptop and both of my desktops but not on this machine. The laptop is a Compaq Presario, 40gig, 512ram, XP Pro w/SP2 and all updates. I have made several of these DVD's and all work fine, but this one will not go past the Acronis splash screen. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrongo_O

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If you have any external USB devices on the laptop, remove them and try again.

3. John Steven

John Steven Registered Member

Not using any external USB devices. The DVD actually spins up, but then does nothing. I can use other bootable discs and they work, but not this one. I have remade the disc 3 times with the same results. The discs work on other machines, just not able to get past the Acronis splash screen on this machine. Hmmmmmo_O??

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

Please note that we don't support bootable DVD. Acronis Bootable Media can be created only on a Floppy Disk Drive, CD or USB memory key.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello John,

Try booting that Compaq Presario from a standard Acronis boot rescue CD. If it still doesn't boot then neither wdormann's procedure or the two alternatives that I posted in the thread you refer to will ever work.

It sounds to me as if you have a basic Acronis boot rescue CD/hardware compatibility problem that needs to be sorted out first.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.