Ultor's,Netbus,Netspy,Qaz Trojans

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Gio7707, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gio7707

Gio7707 Registered Member

In a matter of about seven days I got attacked by those Trojans. However the NAV has immediately detected the trojans and blocked communication.
    I need to know if they are still in my OS or if it's ok to leave it like that ??

Thanks

GBo_O

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Gio,

I suppose it is your firewall (NIS or NPF) that has blocked the communication.

See your earlier thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=585955

In that thread CrazyM told you about it, and I pointed you to CrazyM's website with info about rules for AG/NIS/NPF.

It is a firewall "issue" and not a NAV issue.

If you would like more advices about NIS/NPF, please by all means post in the firewall forum-section.
    I'm sure that you will get advices there ;)

Regards, Jan.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I suppose that this is happening:

Your firewall (and I still don't know which one you use, but I suppose it is either NIS or NPF) is blocking communication with its default blocking rules.

Those default blocking rules are put there by NIS/NPF.

AG means : AtGuard (not available any more; no links are allowed to it)
    NIS means : Norton Internet Security
    NPF means : Norton Personal Firewall

NAV is Symantec's anti-virus program.
    You can have it as a stand-alone program, it is also possible that you have it as a part of NIS.

More about your question, in general:

It might be easier to answer such questions if you give the info that your firewall gives you in its log.

Sven (SvS) has a free tool that might give you even more info from AG/NIS/NPF logs.
    LogViewer :
    http://svs.sv.funpic.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=1&id=1&Itemid=63

4. dog

dog Guest

As this issue does indeed seem to be a Norton Firewall issue, like the thread mentioned in Jan's post above. I have moved it to the other firewall forum. ;)

Regards;

Steve

Tx J ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.