Ultor's,Netbus,Netspy,Qaz Trojans

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Gio7707, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gio7707

Gio7707 Registered Member

In a matter of about seven days I got attacked by those Trojans. However the NAV has immediately detected the trojans and blocked communication.
    I need to know if they are still in my OS or if it's ok to leave it like that ??

Thanks

GBo_O

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Gio,

I suppose it is your firewall (NIS or NPF) that has blocked the communication.

See your earlier thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=585955

In that thread CrazyM told you about it, and I pointed you to CrazyM's website with info about rules for AG/NIS/NPF.

It is a firewall "issue" and not a NAV issue.

If you would like more advices about NIS/NPF, please by all means post in the firewall forum-section.
    I'm sure that you will get advices there ;)

Regards, Jan.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I suppose that this is happening:

Your firewall (and I still don't know which one you use, but I suppose it is either NIS or NPF) is blocking communication with its default blocking rules.

Those default blocking rules are put there by NIS/NPF.

AG means : AtGuard (not available any more; no links are allowed to it)
    NIS means : Norton Internet Security
    NPF means : Norton Personal Firewall

NAV is Symantec's anti-virus program.
    You can have it as a stand-alone program, it is also possible that you have it as a part of NIS.

More about your question, in general:

It might be easier to answer such questions if you give the info that your firewall gives you in its log.

Sven (SvS) has a free tool that might give you even more info from AG/NIS/NPF logs.
    LogViewer :
    http://svs.sv.funpic.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=1&id=1&Itemid=63

4. dog

dog Guest

As this issue does indeed seem to be a Norton Firewall issue, like the thread mentioned in Jan's post above. I have moved it to the other firewall forum. ;)

Regards;

Steve

Tx J ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.