UltimateDefrag - is this the best defragger ever?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by OliverK, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psi2003

psi2003 Registered Member

Disktrix died o_O o_O o_O

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

That is just idle speculation, perhaps instigated by silence from them.

3. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

I feel extremely sad for the people that felt for their shameless lies and psychological marketing bullocks, and actually dished out money to this fake "company".

We all know for some years that Disktrix is only there for getting money, making (and maintaining) programs has never been in their diary. Spreading bullocks and attracting victims always has.

Once again, I feel bad for the ones that didn't look further than their lies-filled-website and cheap marketing.:(

I can only say, I knew it, that saved me from dissing out cash.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Great to hear! How about some facts for a change: can you substantiate your claims?

5. Peter2150

Nonsense. True, I am a bit disappointed in the poor showing of the off line defragger, but the main defrag works great, and I am quite pleased with it.

6. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

I also find that Defrag Express is very nicely done and has no real equivalent (re-defrags are very fast in regular situations).

7. psi2003

Yes it's true!!!! For me DefragExpress it's indeed the holy grail of deffraglers :D
    But i'm sad for the silence of Disktrix... Maybe they went out of business... Who knows o_O o_O o_O

8. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I would guess *not*.

1) The Disktrix web site is still operational and still has the capability to accept orders and process payments.

2) Disktrix, Inc. is a South Carolina corporation that is currently in good standing.

http://www.scsos.com/index.asp?n=18&p=4&s=18&corporateid=447245

9. Isso

Isso Developer

Hi guys,

Sorry for me disappearing. We are still working on the new version of UltimateDefrag. It gets delayed, but it'll be much better than the current one. Much more stable (really lot of bugs fixed), new flexible user interface, and some unique features no other defragger offers. This is regarding the main defragger that I'm working on. As for new boot time defragging module - it's in progress too as far as I know.

10. psi2003

Hi Isso

Glad to see you. And about DefragExpress? Any updates for future?

11. Isso

Isso Developer

For DefragExpress - I think an update will be released shortly after UltimateDefrag release.

12. Peter2150

Hi Isso

Will the new boot time defragg module be made available to those of us who never got the current one to work?

Pete

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Glad to hear DefragExpress is getting additional attention for us. Great product but so far UD is still king on this end, although that could change if the enhancements pan out. LoL

EASTER (On Assignment) :thumb:

14. Isso

Isso Developer

Pete - I'm sorry I can't answer your question. I asked Rob about it and he said it'll be discussed a bit later.

EASTER - thank you! And by the way any feature suggestions for DefragExpress are very welcome.

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

ISSO

Stay active pls because your team is not only began to elevate this super talented defrag to what it is going to become in the future because hard drives will alway benefit in longetivity and life long use courtesy UD's team and talented efforts you have only begun to touch the tip of the iceberg. All others are mediocre at best and they will always suffer from coding distortions that will only drive customers away exventually.

This UD & Express are a cut above and i challenge any other vendors to match the performance gains of UD as well as life expectancy if they think they've tapped into the technical source of what a super quality defrag as UD can bring to the table.

EASTER

16. prius04

Don't mean to be rude but, what's to discuss? Quite a few of us paid for UD 2008 with the, certainly reasonable, expectation that the boot-time defrag module would function properly. Unfortunately, for many of us it did not and, as a result, we expected that issue to be resolved at some point. That means **resolved without additional cost to us**; we already paid for a fully functioning product (i.e. bug-free).

Again, since I think I posted this before, unless Disktrix ameliorates this situation without customers who previously paid for the product incurring additional expense, I'm going to write the company off as disreputable and will not hesitate to post such opinion at any and every appropriate opportunity.

17. Isso

Isso Developer

EASTER - thank you very much, your words are really encouraging and I'll do my best to meet your (and other customers) expectations.

prius04 - I'm really sorry, and I just hope this issue will be resolved. Please note that I'm the developer of main defragger. Two areas that I cannot be helpful is Boot time module and Product marketing.

18. Peter2150

We understand that, but someone from Product marketing should come and address the issue. Hard to dispute, that a product was sold with a promise which for many hasn't been delivered. It's time for the big chief to get his self in here and address the issue.

Pete

19. Isso

Isso Developer

Pete, I agree and I think Rob will do it.

20. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

21. psi2003

Isso

I have one question to you.

I have bought DefragExpress (and I'm very very very satisfied with it ;)).

Meanwhile I read about the new futures of UltimateDefrag V3 and I think that the free upgrade to version 3 for those who purchased after 1 September 2009 is great.

My question is, UltimateDefrag 2008 is better or worse then DefragExpress?

It worth replacing DefragExpress by UltimaDefrag2008 until release of Version 3? Thanks :)

22. prius04

From what I can see Isso, Rob already has - just not in this thread or otherwise on this board. As MerleOne indicated in his post, pricing has for UD3 has already been set and an entire web page has been written. Interesting that Rob has time to develop (or oversee development) of new products, set pricing, write web pages, yet no time, apparently, to make a quick post in this thread.

It would be a relatively simple and quick task for him to post his intentions re how he plans to deal with purchasers of UD2008 who have had issues with the product that have gone unresolved. The fact that he has somehow found the time to construct (or oversee such construction) of a new web site in anticipation of the release of UD3 but has NOT bothered to even consider the plight of those having issues with UD2008 is quite telling, IMHO. Honestly, I'm having a tough time drawing any conclusion other than he's more interested in generating revenue from the release of new products than in addressing issues (at least one very serious issue) in a current product.

N.B. to Isso: Please understand that NONE of what I have read is directed at you, either personally or as an representative of Disktrix. Frankly, I think it's great that you have been routinely following up on questions promptly as well as keeping us informed re various other developments. I would like to thank you for that. :)

23. Isso

Isso Developer

psi2003,

I'm glad you like DefragExpress - I like to use it too! :)

Both DefragExpress and UltimateDefrag use the same defragmentation core. However DefragExpress performs slightly better than UltimateDefrag 2008 as it has been released later and has a number of bugs fixed. Of course UltimateDefrag V3 has those bugs fixed too.

But of course the feature set of UltimateDefrag 2008 is much larger compared to DefragExpress. So basically if you don't intend to fine-tune your HDD and just need to get decent performance with little effort - then DefragExpress is a way to go. If you want to get full control over file placement process then you need UltimateDefrag.

24. Isso

Isso Developer

prius04,

I see your point, and I feel sad reading comments of people who are unsatisfied with the program or support. Again I hope the current issues wil be resolved.

And I'm always happy to answer any question regarding UD or DE functionality - you're welcome!

25. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I installed UD on a USB thumb drive that runs BartXPE (WinXP pre-install environment with Sherpya's WMI and other basic services added in), or more specifically I added it as a plugin that loads the program onto a ram drive. That way I can defrag C: while it's offline. It works fine, except I also have PerfectDisk installed which reacts badly to my UD optimizations, so now I do defrag-only defrags with UD. (I'll uninstall PD once UD3 comes out).

Questions:
    -Since UD was presumably not designed to optimize offline system partitions, will it defrag the offline meta files correctly? (i.e. without boot module)
    -Can defragging and rearranging (offline) files corrupt them in absence of any power interruptions, a system crash, etc?
    -How does UD handle NTFS Junction points? Any problem if, for example, a NTFS junction maps a frequently used program (e.g. a web browser) onto a ramdisk, which would not be present during the time of an offline defrag?

Suggestion:
    Please consider adding an official BartPE plugin builder to one of the future UD releases (or just an inf-file with instructions).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.