UltimateDefrag - is this the best defragger ever?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by OliverK, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Hi, Isso:

Can you disclose timing on upcoming new version? Before too long, marketing may dictate you'll have to give it a 2010 label....

2. Isso

Isso Developer

Hi crofttk,

As far as I know the new UD name won't contain year.

As for the timing - I'm not sure, but I estimate the release to be made within 1 to 2 months from now.

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

My one (and only) "feature request" would be to offer a trial that is FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

The UD2008 trial excluded the boot time module and, hence, the only way to figure out whether that module was functioning properly on one's machine was to purchase the program. I understand there is a "money-back guarantee" but then Disktrix doesn't exactly have a reputation for honoring that guarantee in a timely manner......at least not according to the posts on this board.

4. Isso

Isso Developer

prius04, I'll pass your suggestion to management.

5. TraumaDoc

TraumaDoc Registered Member

I've been sending support requests to DiskTrix for 2 months and they refuse to answer. Maybe someone here can help me .... Thanks :)

Hello

I am using the latest version (2008 2.0.0.55) and have an error, two individual errors in fact.

Windows XP Pro SP3 - All updates current as of 07 February 2009
    Two Hitachi SATA drives
    Disk 1 - C boot and D
    Disk 2 - one partition

No matter what combination of boot time defrag of the 3 partitions I get one of two possible errors - I find no relationship on which error comes up at which time. But there are 2 possible errors I receive - they are listed below:

Cannot open system drive and an error of ST=C0000034

or

DBG:MSG Unable to rename bootstat.tmp to bootstat.tmp

So, there is a failure to run any boot-time defrag on any of the 3 partitions and then Windows starts normally.

Any suggestions ?

Can you help ?

Thanks

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  6. Isso

Isso Developer

TraumaDoc,

Unfortunately boot time defragmentation module is the only part of the program that I have no control of, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help.

I can only say that the upcoming release of UltimateDefrag will include updated boot defrag module that will hopefully have this issue fixed.

7. TraumaDoc

TraumaDoc Registered Member

When do you think a new version will be available ? o_O :thumb:

I'm always happy to be a beta-tester when the time comes around if you like.

8. Isso

Isso Developer

I think 1 to 2 months from now, but I'm not sure.

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Isso,

We will have new free version of UD in the future, or the current is the first and last one?

Regards

10. acrespo

acrespo Registered Member

I have other request to the new version:

Two problems with schedule to resolve.
    In Windows XP, I schedule for drive C, D and E at the same schedule but only drive E is started and can't run until the end (stop after analyse).
    In windows Vista, all schedules don't running. I tried all combinations and nothing happen.

Also, boot time in windows vista is not running. I see the screen in analysing phase but exit and enter in Windows just after finish analysing. As I already told to support, maybe my problem is a conflict with Shadow Protect but I can't be sure, because I can't uninstall this software here to test.

11. Isso

Isso Developer

rdsu,

I know little about marketing, but I think there is a little chance for a free fully featured version like 1.72 to be released. There might be a version with limited functionality.

12. Isso

Isso Developer

acrespo,

I'll check the scheduling problems. As for Vista - does the schedule get created properly? I mean don't you get any error messages when creating it?
    Also can you check the Scheduled Tasks folder and see if the task is there (should be a name like "Defrag Job #00")?

As for boot time - sorry, I can't answer it as I'm not working on that part of the program.

13. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

That would be great ;)

14. prius04

Well, I thought we had eliminated Shadow Protect as the culprit, at least.

It has been reported in this thread that, for some, boot time doesn't function properly on machines which have never had SP installed. Further, I tested it on a couple of machines without SP installed and boot time didn't work.

15. Isso

Isso Developer

prius04,

Thank you for the information - I'll pass it to the developers of boot defragmentation moodule.

16. acrespo

Well, it's not my case. I have SP installed just after install my original DVD. I installed UD2008 after that.

17. prius04

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by your response. Do you believe the boot time issue is due to the fact that you installed SP prior to installing UD2008?

Regardless, once again, there are UD2008 users on this board (including myself) who have had issues with the boot time module on machines on which SP is not, and never has been, installed.

18. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

where people begin using UD with FDISR already present beware after changing the disklayout completely with UD that existing FDISR archives are practically useless so its a healthy measure to make new archives based on the new layout. BEWARE.....BEWARE !!!

19. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hmm. I guess my system didn't know that. I've not had any such issue.

20. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Same here, with DefragExpress.

21. acrespo

Forget my response. I installed Vista again in other hard disk to test but the problem is the same without SP installed. You're right about it.

22. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

For me its also a guess,at one time i did'nt like the disklayout i made with UD so i did a copy/update from archive with the older layout and FDISR just crashed halfway....hmmmm.

23. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Any news about the new upcoming version?

24. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

I was wondering the same thing. I think they were supposed to release ud 2009 a while back. Maybe they went out of business.. who knows..

25. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It's time to think about looking others defrag applications... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.