UltimateDefrag 5

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Baldrick, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Special

Special Registered Member

$50 vs. $300, and a year ago this wasn't the case at all.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Brand name SSDs, have very long lifespans. In theory, a good quality SSD will last longer than a hard drive.

3. Special

Special Registered Member

SSDs degrade with time, they're terrible for things you want more for "storage" purposes that don't need the "speed", archives and ISOs for example.

Also, this thread is about UltimateDefrag, so keep the topic about the software.

4. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

Yup. I got HDDs from the 80's that are still fully functional and have retained their data nicely through the decades. I can't imagine QLC or TLC holding up that well. Especially stuff that has some mileage on it to begin with.

Back to UD now.

I'm upset that they removed the "left click" option to highlight a file. This in the the cluster viewer list/column. I used to use it all the time when working with large media files.

5. Nanobot

Nanobot Registered Member

6. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

It would've been nice if they hadn't removed the "Highlight this file" from the left-click options when clicking on a filename in the cluster viewer.

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Good point.

On the previous series this is a magnificent useful feature on this end of matters.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Indeed UD6 in some sparingly use on my spindle drives is realizing for mine enhanced performance in comparison to all others I used over the years.

When Isso first introduced this defragger, the eye candy graphical interface was something of an attraction feature which proved out to be reasonably accurate in identifying files, blocks and such with remarkable agility and accuracy if one is so inclined to such observations.

As previously mentioned and over time the product seemed to been left to gather dust but recently I picked back up on digging into it again and find the newest release far better improved with no fluff except maybe for a few certain advertised plugs of very high percentage rates which obviously vary depending on hardware/machine/load etc.

Has anyone else tugged at this latest version 6 and if so can offer your own assessments you find favorable over the opposite end of that measure.

Thanks, and Thanks DiskTrix!.

9. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

The high percentage rates can be true to the number IF you compare a badly organized & fragmented disk against a freshly optimized one.

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

The optimized performance increase after fine tuning your preferred placements with UD is always a welcome change from the ordinary. There's power user defraggers then there's this one.

11. Nanobot

Nanobot Registered Member

v6.0.62.0 released
    Changelog: Corrected some issues with handling of HP (High Performance) files

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.