UltimateDefrag 1.72 & Archives

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by allizomeniz, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Hey all, and seasons greetings. :)

I recently started using UltimateDefrag 1.72 and it has the capability to move unused files to the end of the drive for archiving. I love the idea in principle, but when I set it to automatically archive 25% of my least used files, it ends up archiving things like picture albums that I don't access very often, but when I do I don't wanna have to wait.

So my question is, if I wanted to simply enter my own custom folders for archiving, what would be some good candidates? I wouldn't mind archiving some stuff, but I'm afraid I'll end up regretting it and then have to spend a boatload of time undoing it, or that they might actually be files my system uses on a regular basis.

Are there any that would give the best bang for the buck? What about cabinet files for example? I know they're huge, do they mostly just sit there?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

Why dont you use exclusion feature? You just excluse your image folder to be archived in options menu.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Thanks for that suggestion. I finally did figure it out. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.