UIM Driver Failure in B&R 10 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by reedm, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedm

reedm Registered Member

I suspect that this has been covered in the past. B&R 10 Suite is the only Paragon backup application I have used that I cannot create an image in the Archives Tab. I select Show Partitions, right click, select Mount the archive, select a drive letter, hit yes and get the infamous "Failed to open UIM driver" popup. Reinstalling, as suggested in the popup does no help.

I installed B&R 10 Workstation, archived a partition, and was able, using the above technique to mount the partition. Not only that, but I could now mount a partition in B&R 10 Suite. I uninstalled Workstation, and, of course, I no longer could mount the partition.

When is B&R 10 Suite going to be updated so that the above described partition mounting is functional?

At this point, given the problems with B&R 10 Suite, and the hastle with disabling Paragon System Backup, and its associated nagging, I wish that I had purchased Workstation 10 instead. If there was some way to upgrade B&R 10 Suite to Workstation for a reasonable price, I would do so.

Reed

2. jonono

jonono Registered Member

ruh-roh, I also chose the v.10 suite, hope I don't experience this.

Also, my backups haven't yet been larger than 2 GB -
    is the auto-splitting @ 2 GB still an issue? thx

3. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Thank you for reporting this bug, the UIM should be included in the package and does not appear to be. Please let me know what build of B&R 10 you are using so I can investigate this further.

Also, the B&R free edition does have the UIM drivers included, so a work-around would be to download and install that version as well.

4. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Hello Paragon_Matt,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am running Paragon Backup & Recovery™, version 10, build 9105 (18.11.09) Suite.

Components versions:

Paragon Base Services Library, version 1.1, build 9105 (18.11.09 )
    hdm.dll, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505
    biont.dll, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505
    biont.sys, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505

I hope this info is helpful. If there is a newer version for download, please let me know. Also, if there is a permanent way to disable the Paragon System Backup, I would appreciate hearing about it. That in itself is almost enough to drive me to Workstation 10, if I could upgrade at a reasonable cost.

Reed

5. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Hello Paragon_Matt,

Have you had any success solving the missing UIM bug in B&R 10 Suite?

Reed

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Reedm,

In your device manager, uninstall the current UIM. Go to your paragon directory, there's a folder call uim, run the installer to reinstall the driver.If you don't have the uim folder: http://ftp.paragon.eu.com/support/DB10/uim.zip

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  7. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Hello Paragon_Tommy,

I went to the uim folder and ran the file named uim_x86.exe. That seemed to fix things. There was no .msi installer in the folder.

Thanks for your help. I did download the uim.zip folder, and its contents were the same as those in the uim folder on my computer.

Reed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.