UEFI - The load up super charger

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Change to 'Bios' will make for PCs that boot in seconds.
    =========================================

News item - 1 October 2010 - BBC UK release.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    New PCs could start in just seconds, thanks to an update to one of the oldest parts of desktop computers.

Bios' replacement, known as UEFI, will predominate in new PCs by 2011.
    The upgrade will spell the end for the 25-year-old PC start-up software known as Bios that initialises a machine so its operating system can get going.

The code was not intended to live nearly this long, and adapting it to modern PCs is one reason they take as long as they do to warm up.
    ------------------------
    This news flash can be read on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11430069. No doubt there are other news bulletin's.

I sit and grow older every time I logon. I do not know what this all means, nobody has mentioned cost or the need for a triple bypass on my PC, but I sure would love it to load within my immediate life time.

Slow loading has generated a volume of comments on the net, some talk of Add-ons slowing things down. Well, let me just point out ONE significant fact - Add-ons make the difference between 4 wheels and an engine and enjoying the luxury of Limousine comfort.

What do you all think of this news item concerning a radical milestone in computer development ?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.