UD 2008 & Moving The Page File?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DasFox, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

In UltimateDefrag 2008 I thought you could archive the page file?

On my disk the page file is on the outer edge and middle of the disk, and I never access the page file, there is more then enough ram, and I'd like it all placed in the inner part.

I noticed in the options for the Archive select files that you can check it and move it over to the left window pane, but it doesn't stay there if you go back and look.

I guess maybe the best way is to not use a page file and then run the defrag again, this time moving the data/files to the outer edge, hopefully once the page file is gone, and then once this is done put the page file back?

Any thoughts here?

THANKS

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Ok after posting this I removed the page file fragged a bit, placed it back in and fragged again until I got the placement the way I liked.

Here's a screenshot:

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33608813dn6.jpg

IMHO UD2008 should be able to move the page file, but it doesn't... :(

P.S. For those seeing that I'm trying UD2008, and I stress the word TRYING. I haven't really noticed much of any gains to warrant this application over DK in XP...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The haven't released the offline defrag module yet. That is what you will need.

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

No worries like I posted above I got around it. :)

Not sure I'll keep using the program, if I trust the file moving without causing issues...

THANKS

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

They're taking longer than originally anticipated for this release. When they announced this module in July, they mentioned a few weeks, but it's more like over 2 months now.

6. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Yep......except it's pretty much 3 full months.

What I find even more disconcerting is there has been quite a bit of discussion (at least here) on this UD 2008 issue yet the founder of the company has not made a post on the board since May, to my knowledge. Further, from admittedly just a cursory inspection, it appears as if the last news update on the web site was made on July 16th.

I can understand that other business matters and/or issues sometimes take precedence but posting a brief note on this board regarding the status of the module shouldn't take more than a minute or two. Further, considering the module is overdue, a news update on the web site would seem to be in order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.