UCheck - Update your software in 2 clicks

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

Looks like this file has no Version Info, this is why. Could you confirm that ?

2. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

Do you mean those files have no update ? Is 6.2.0.5 really the latest ?

3. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

And if you select it you have entries that are not "latest" ?

4. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

Later UCheck will take care of orphan entries. If 64-bit is installed in place of 32-bit, you should then have an orpan entry.

5. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

Well, just look for inconsistencies in the "Portable" sub tab.

6. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

What's the problem with uTorrent ? The exclusion crash was fixed in the latest version.

7. RonnyT

RonnyT QA Engineer

Yes as posted there are Latest, Outdated and NULL/Empty entries on the list.

8. digenfr1

digenfr1 Registered Member

@Tigzy

Hi there,
    DNSJumper: Yes, you're right. Version is missing
    DNSJumper.png

Regarding Glary Utilities: 6.2.0.5 is the latest version.
    Glary.png
    As said, the problem is that instead of detecting only the main exe, all the 40 exe files that are within the utilities suite are also detected. In the previous beta the detection was correct; don't know if is related to a code change

This is the situation for Glary (as an example) searching within the Portable tab.
    Glary1.png

This is about understanding whether the best thing is the user exclusion "one by one" or implement some code to set a rule.
    Now the updates are 270 for 71 programs; just for getting a feeling on these entries:
    Agent Ransack: 3, Glary Utilities: 40, Open JDK Platform 12: 40, MKV Toolnix: 6, Chrome: 5, Java Platform SE 7: 67 and so on.

Just let us know
    Cheers

9. digenfr1

@Tigzy

Just another thing: I've done a scan with the "normal" UCheck 5.0.6.0 and the result is what it should be; it has found 6 updates.
    If I look within the Portable tab, again using Glary Utilities as an example, I can see all the *.exe files but they are not reported as updates in the main page
    Glary1.png

In addition, Glary is not detected as outdated.
    I think it might be worth taking a look at the program code, since this difference is not understandable.

10. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Tigzy, Microsoft Edge displays as a 32-bit update but Microsoft Edge I have installed is 64-bit. Further search on my part revealed that Microsoft installs Edge in the 32-bit directory. Not sure why Microsoft does this but Microsoft is causing this particular problem. So sorry for bothering you.

11. ldeveraux

ldeveraux Registered Member

I doesn't crash any more, but it also won't exclude on my Windows 11 laptop. Sometimes programs will exclude or skip the version as asked, sometimes it comes back next time.

12. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Is it possible to get a link to the latest portable beta?
    TH.

13. Regmos

Regmos Registered Member

https://download.adlice.com/UCheck/Beta/UCheck64.exe

14. Sampei Nihira

15. Sampei Nihira

Still poor,lists MS Edge obsolete,when in fact my browser is up to date.

16. Regmos

Regmos Registered Member

Visual Studio 2022.
    Winget detects the correct update (17.8.2 => 17.8.3)
    Winget.png
    UCheck don't list the update in the Updates tab, but if you look in the Programs tab, version 17.8.3 is listed as the latest .
    uCheck-VS.png

17. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

It's not missing, it's there. Ucheck does not detect any of Sordum utilities.I also have Restart Explorer, ReIcon, PowerRun and Firewall App Blocker.
    Sometimes does not detect the main executable of the program (Universal Extractor 2, Shutter Encoder, Bulk Image Downloader) and others when i exclude the secondary executables, Ucheck puts the whole program at exclusion list

18. RonnyT

RonnyT QA Engineer

Anyone else with a fairly large portables folder? e.g. 100+ folders and 1000+ exe's to be evaluated noticing that the "portables" tab seems to hit a hard limit.
    It stops listing folders with portables after a certain point.

19. dking02

dking02 Registered Member

If you check the UCheck debug log, you should find that UCheck filtered out these Sordum utilities as "uninteresting".

The real reason is that the ProductName property of the .exe file was not supplied by the developer as shown below for file Rexplorer_x64.exe.

Rexplorer_x64.png

20. dking02

dking02 Registered Member

In post #838/page 34 of this thread (Link), Tigzy said:

Now UCheck will display "unsupported" programs for Portable apps. Until then they were ignored.
    We'll add some guards to limit number of items, in case the user decides to add random folders like C:/Windows.

21. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Judging from scan, seems to be limited to 1000 exes?
    I think I have around 770 ...

Edit: @Tigzy, I want to thank and encourage you for your efforts. UCheck has already identified many portable updates.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  22. lmacri

lmacri Registered Member

Hi digenfr1:

The following assumes that you are using a Portable version of Glary Utilites v6.2.0.5 [i.e., that you download guportable.exe (self-extracting) or guportable.zip (zipped)] from https://www.glarysoft.com/downloads/?p=gu-page and haven't installed a Professional or Standard version of Glary Utilities in a custom location.

Tigzy would have to confirm, but I think the different results you see for Glary Utilites in the stable UCheck v5.0.6.0 (rel. 04-Dec-2023) post # 1209 versus UCheck BETA v5.0.7.0 (rel. 05-Dec-2023) in post #1208 can be explained by the different way these two UCheck versions classify Glary Utilities.

Your image in post # 1209 using the stable UCheck v5.0.6.0 (rel. 04-Dec-2023) shows that Glary Utilities is classified as an "Unsupported" app (no background colour, no check for available updates) in the stable version. That means that the stable UCheck v5.0.6.0 is not checking for available updates for Glary Utilities, and that is why the LATEST column is blank (i.e., the LATEST version number is missing) for your Glary Utilites executables and why none of your Glary Utility executables are listed on the Updates tab. NOTE: If you filter out (disable) "Unsupported" apps in the stable UCheck v5.0.6.0 then I suspect that the executables for Glary Utilities will disappear from the UCheck interface.

Your image in post # 1208 using the UCheck BETA v5.0.7.0 (rel. 05-Dec-2023) shows that Glary Utilities is classified as a "Community" app (grey background colour, check for available updates) in the BETA version. That is why the LATEST column for your Glary Utilites executables have a version number and why any executable with a current VERSION that is is lower than the LATEST version have a STATUS of "Outdated" and will be listed on the Updates tab.

The fact that the LATEST version for the majority of the Glary Utilities executables is incorrectly listed as v6.2.0.5 in UCheck BETA v5.0.7.0 (post # 1208) does appears to be a bug. I'm guessing this problem occurs because the developer of Glary Utilities does not always change the version number of individual executables bundled inside guportable.zip (e.g., AutoUpdate.exe v5.0.0.8, CheckDisk.exe v6.0.0.1, etc.) each time they release a new version of Glary Utilities. Hopefully these incorrect detections will be fixed in a future release of UCheck.
    ------------
    Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3693 * Firefox v120.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23110.3-1.1.23110.2 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.6.294-1.0.2201 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * UCheck Free Portable BETA v5.0.7.0 (05-Dec-2023) * QuickInstaller Preview v0.2.8734.36059

23. digenfr1

Hi there,
    No, that's not the case. Glary is installed with a normal installation sequence.

24. digenfr1

@lmacri

As said, this behaviour became common also for other installations; I have about 90 programs (70 installed and 20 portable) and based on the scan I did few seconds ago I have 281 updates. Between them I can see:

Glary Utilities: 40 updates,
    Open JDK Platform: 40 updates
    Java Platform SE 7: 67 updates

Let's wait and see. I think that Tigzy has his hands full at the moment.
    Thanks anyhow for your check
    Cheers

25. Tigzy

Tigzy Developer

Now fixed, thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.