ubuntu 20.04 love distro ,but can't install and it does freeze often

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by mantra, Jun 4, 2020.

1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    i have downloaded Ubuntu 20.04 LTS ,love the last distro

i created an usbstick with rufus , and i got as started graphic glitches , nvdia nvidia geforce gtx 1050 , i have tried even an older gtx 700 or 750

with rufus , i have no menu , while with Universal USB Installer ,i have 2 menu entries try ubuntu ,they are the same ,and install ubuntu and install ubuntu (safe)

using Universal USB Installer , i can use try ubuntu and it works but sometime it does freeze

it did happen with the prev version
    all the hardware works , using Universal USB Installer to create the usbstick ,but it does freeze when i have to select the destination drive ,in my case a new ssd samsung
    on my compture I have mounted only 1 device , the ssd samsung 860 1tb

download from ubuntu.com ,torrent version ,to download faster

i have thought was my hardware , but i have tried to install on a new laptop same issue
    have you noticed such isssues?
    thanks

2. Gringo95

Gringo95 Registered Member

I install several Linux distros from USB every week.
    First check the MD5SUM for your download matches with the code on the Ubuntu website.
    Use balenaEtcher to create your bootable USB.
    https://www.balena.io/etcher/

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i have create the usbstick , and in safe mode works , I guess the nvida drivers does cause the freeze

4. SAustn2

SAustn2 Registered Member

I wonder if UEFI in the bios is giving you problems with your hardware/driver. I disabled UEFI and only boot from legacy systems and newest version of manjaro installed fine for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.