µBlock, a lean and fast blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gorhill, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Good question! Since I'm not afraid of breaking sites or using RAM I've gone for the full list and no issues noticed so far.

2. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

I too would recommend this. Medium mode improves the load time of sites by quite an impressive amount.

3. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

Is it normal to see some kind of blinking-refreshing when "Block remote fonts" is checked? Restart the browser after enabling it and then go to youtube, you will notice the blinking. I also get a blink when I hover the youtube search box (only once per tab). I'm using the latest Pale Moon and uBlock.

4. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

TEST websites mining:

https://garapare.com/
    https://crypto-loot.com/
    https://radionara.nocturnos.org/
    https://windscribe.com/miner/gamvw4hc

5. Adric

Adric Registered Member

So what results are you supposed to see for fail or pass by going to these sites?

6. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Low CPU usage = Passed
    High CPU usage = Failed

If you use an Adblock also view the Resource Abuse Filter.

7. guest

guest Guest

uBlockO v1.15.10 Released (February 20, 2018)
    Download - v1.15.10 - Firefox (AMO)
    Download - v1.15.2 - Chrome (Web Store)
    Download - v1.15.4 - Edge (Microsoft Store)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2018
  8. guest

guest Guest

Because the beta channel will (soon) no longer be available for developers to publish beta versions, they will now be published there:
    Edit:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2018
  9. guest

guest Guest

10. guest

guest Guest

Regarding beta version of uBlock Origin for Firefox:

11. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Stupid question here. What is the difference between using uBlock Origin and Nano Adblocker? Pros and cons?

12. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

13. Pirate_fin

Pirate_fin Guest

I have noticed that Firefox is much faster with Nano Adblocker.

14. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i could not make ND working with uBlock - dropped that crap.

authors should stick and work together instead inventing the wheel again. too silly...

btw i dont like ***** pink colors in my adult browser

15. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

What can anyone tell me about nano blocker, a supposed fork of uBo?

16. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

17. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Its to bad wont work with PaleMoon!

18. JoWazzoo

JoWazzoo Registered Member

19. Nanobot

Nanobot Registered Member

20. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

I don't know what you're trying to tell us. uB0 understands such links.

There is. There are many anti-adblocking rules in the "uBlock filters" list, and new ones are continuously added from uAssets.

EDIT: Btw, your "I want an anti-adblocker. ..." is a rather strange attitude towards an open-source project which you get completely for free. Suggestion: write your own one if you're not happy with it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  21. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

I tried it and didn't notice any difference at all. Which is logical as probably 99% of the code is identical to uB0's. If there are any differences they probably stem from different configurations.

22. guest

guest Guest

If Chrome is being used there is still a reason in installing an anti-adblocker (for example uBlockO-Extra) for blocking of specific anti-adblock mechanisms:

23. gorhill

gorhill Guest

Which of course makes no sense because Nano Adblocker is uBO with stuff added on top of it. This is the placebo effect, in which people confuse "feelings" as objective evidences. Whenever people have made such subjective claims, they never where able to actually provide objective evidences. Sometimes I cared to provide evidences to the contrary, and it's not well received (Example). Bottomline, make the case, Firefox comes with the Gecko profiler where that sort of unsubstantiated claim can be put to test if you care about actual facts/truth.

24. gorhill

gorhill Guest

Excerpt:
    I have absolutely no idea where this comes from -- this is a complete surprise to me. I have been exchanging with @jspenguin2017 and I was oblivious that this was his opinion. People should ask him to actually provide a source of why he came to the conclusion that I "don't like his project".

The way I see it he had his own idea of how to evolve uBO but didn't want the impediment of having to go through someone else and just forked -- which is exactly the point of GPL. But there is no need to make up reasons for this such as "doesn't like my project".

Something to keep in mind: all the work done on uBO -- whether fixes/features/improvements -- flow to his project. Keep this in mind when someone tries to denigrate uBO while praising Nano Adblocker. For instance HTML filtering required a whole lot of work and road-testing, and forks of uBO benefit all this with no need to invest time/efforts.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
  25. gorhill

gorhill Guest

uBO is equipped to deal with anti-blockers. Just as with any filter issue, it's just a matter of reporting to uAssets in order for whatever anti-blocker to be taken care by uBO itself (example) -- no need for a separate extension except possibly in extreme cases such as Instart Logic and only for browsers less well equipped to deal with this (Firefox is well equipped for this).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.