µBlock, a lean and fast blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gorhill, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes but should the filters that I'm using block them by default? I'm not using any advanced blocking rules or anything. BTW, can you take a look into this (see link), I'm still getting this popup on LinkedIn, how to remove it?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/ublock-a-lean-and-fast-blocker.365273/page-101#post-2640593

Yes I remember about this, but I never actually saw ads on FB until a couple of days ago.

2. Rasheed187

3. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

4. guest

guest Guest

another workaround:
    WIth the element picker select the picture, click on link under "network filter", now the link to the picture is displayed above in the white textbox and you can copy&paste the link in a different tab.
    "Save as" is now possible.

5. Rasheed187

Thanks, will check it out. I really hate those dumb web designers who make life difficult.

6. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Awesome, as usual. :thumb:

@Rasheed187
    @mood 's solution is way better as element picker saves image clean. Saveallimages website watermarks images although its easier if you don't mind watermarks.

7. Rasheed187

Actually, I prefer to use Saveallimages.com, it's a lot quicker and seems to be working quite well. :thumb:

8. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Fine but you don't tell if you are comfortable with watermarks.

9. Rasheed187

At the moment not a big problem, I also like the fact that you can pick what pictures to save via the preview method. BTW, I posted in this thread because I was hoping that uBlock could block the script that prevents you from saving pics. But perhaps this isn't possible.

10. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

11. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

thank you

12. Rasheed187

Will check it out, thanks.

13. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I am having a problem accessing www.kaspersky.com when ublock is enabled. I keep getting a blank page. The whole URL ends up being wyciwyg://0/https://www.kaspersky.com/ even though I only type www.kaspersky.com. If I disable the uBlock plugin, The website shows up fine. If I enable ublock after the website shows up correctly and do a refresh (F5), I get the blank page again. Is there a way to fix this?

14. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

I'm sorry to say, but most likely you have a box ticked that needs unticking or a rule that needs deleting for i have Ublock Origin and have no problems viewing the said web page. So my advice to you is to double check how you have it configured.

15. Adric

Adric Registered Member

All other sites work, so there must be some js from that site that is triggering this behavior. I'll try unticking the lists first and see what happens.. No, turning off all 3rd party filters did not fix it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  16. Nitty Kutchie

What protection are you running on the said pc? I think something is wrong with your browser, for this (wyciwyg://0) is not happening.

17. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Maybe gorhill can comment on this. I found this thread where he says:
    If you follow the thread, you will notice there was a bug fix for this problem 15 years ago.:eek: It Seems to be a random problem where a blank page will show up for me, but not someone else and visa versa. Right now, my only alternative when a blank page occurs is to try and open the URL with IE or disable uBlockO

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  18. Nitty Kutchie

OK. I will research it thank you.:thumb:

19. stackz

stackz Registered Member

I can only access www.kaspersky.com if I uncheck 'I am an advanced user' in uBO or disable uBO.
    I've not found a way to prevent the page being borked in any of the other filtering modes.

edit:
    All the rules I make end up like:
    Code:
    9.wyciwyg-scheme kaspersky.com * noop

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  20. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

I experience the same on that whole site, solution didn't work for me, only working solution is disabling uBO altogether and restarting Firefox.
    Firefox 51.0.1 (32bit)
    uBO 1.11.2

21. Less is more: currently 3226 network filters

I found a list of trackers used of top 500 alexa websites (by source.ind.ie) and a yelllow tracking list of Electronic Frontiere, both are not online available anymore (so I guess they were not intended for download). Together with the simple ad list of Disconnect (seeuBlock issue 1406 link), they block all trackers and adservers of the websites I use to visit.

22. Rasheed187

23. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

24. diego898

diego898 Registered Member

Hm. I have "medium" mode enabled on ublock, and I am still stuck on this page - what are you settings?

25. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Yes, I had this problem on medium mode also. Now I use only blacklist (3rd party filters) and I think that some rule there closes this notification. You can try to temporary disable blocking of 3rd party scripts and frames and see if that helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.