U.S. Government plans new (better) privacy rules

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by true north, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hope they do a better job then Verizon, because they already infiltrated his personal cell-phone conversations according to Verizon who fired a whole hosts of nosy prying privacy breakers within that service provider.

3. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

I'm holding out hope for Obama with respect to privacy rights, but I think it's only a matter of time before the gov't tightens the restrictions on encryption, much like they have in the UK. I believe they tried back in the Clinton days, but the civil liberties groups screamed bloody murder. Obama does seem to be a fan of restricting information collected on people via ISPs etc.

4. soulfood

soulfood Registered Member

Does anyone know how long their particular ISP maintains records associated with your surfing, email, etc. habits?

I was just reading my ISP's privacy policy and it only specified "a period of time". I thought to myself, that can be anywhere from 5 to 100 years.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.