Two Questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pilfro, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilfro

pilfro Registered Member

I am running into a few problems with getting this set up in a test enviroment.
    In order to get the program to install to windows 7 machine remotley I had to set the remote service to run as a domain admin(not an issue) but I also had to add domain admin as a local admin on each machine.. Not sure what im doing wrong with push outs.

Also I am getting odd output from active directory. Some machines dont list IP, and others the ones that list Ip sometimes are showing the wrong machine name..(this is the list populated on the Remote tab)

One other thing, all of a sudden I cant view diagnostic logs, when I try to view them within remote admin council they are coming up blank.

Thanks for any light you can shed on my problems.

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Sounds like you have multiple problems. Domain Admin should automatically be a Local Administrator when the machine is added to the Domain. If it isn't, than that will definitely lead to some problems if you are trying to us a Domain Admin.

If the wrong machines are being listed with the wrong IP's. Check your DNS and Wins and see if you have any issues there. Use nslookup and ping and see what results you get. You can also try an ipconfig /flushdns followed by ipconfig /registerdns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.