Two Questions about Secure Zone and my keyboard

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by poirot, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

First= How can you find out if you have Acronis Secure Zone installed?

(i never created it,but i remember having chosen a 'complete' option upon installing Acronis,hence my doubts)

Second= i use a PS2/USB adaptor keyboard & mouse with my HP 8080 notebook. When i use the bootable CD and press F11 i delete the 'quiet' as directed by Support,then i try to digit the 'noapic' one,but i am unable to get the = sign: when i press the = key i get a ) sign in the tab space.
    Tried with the notebook indigenous keyboard to no use,same ) sign.
    Shall i just try out all keys until i find the right one or is there a trick?
    Forever indebted to the light bearer,thanks.

2. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

If you did not create one as it sounds, you do not have a secure zone. You need to create one by clicking on 'Manage Acronis Secure Zone'. It will need to shrink your Windows partition and then in the unpartitioned space it will create the secure zone.

3. poirot

poirot Registered Member

thanks hoser_d,that is what i guessed but i feel reassured by your confirmation.

no cue or tip about the key mishap?

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Why not give it a try? It appears that your computer has an odd mapping of keys as far as Linux (the TI bootable CD) operating system. The first thing to try is the ) key and see if that produces the = sign. Computers have so many ways to tease us. :)

5. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hi John, I don't think the mapping is odd in any way. The problem is that the Linux boot-loader is not able (configured?) to handle non-US keyboards.

I don't know what the current status is wrt. True Image itself, but Rescue CD 6.0 also neglects to handle non-US keyboards correctly, so I also have to hunt around for keys like _\= on my Danish keyboard.

6. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Now i know it's because of the Linux boot-loader and your Danish keyboard is involved,too, i feel better MiniMax.

I'll try first with the ( as you rationally suggest ,jmk94903, and if i succeed you have to let me know how i can buy you a drink :) .

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Thanks MinMax. I didn't think of a non-US keyboard, but that's clearly the problem. I guess the Recovery CD should come with a US keyboard. :)

Good luck Poirot in the search for the key that makes =.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.