Two copies of Win XP

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by YvanHoe, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YvanHoe

YvanHoe Registered Member

Hi,

A month ago, I purchased a copy of Acronis True Image. I created a rescue partition (Acronis Secure Zone) successfully and have already used it once to get me out of trouble. The program worked like a charm.

Since I only have one partition on my HD, I decided to purchase DD9 to created a second primary partition on my HD. Except for a very small problem, the partioning went very well and have now 3 partitions on my HD. C: which is my primary active partition, G: which is the second primary partition that I created and the Secure Zone partition used by True Image.

Now, I was hoping to have two copies of Windows XP on my system so I restored my original copy of Win XP that I had stored in Secure Zone to my newly created partition, after the end of the restore True Image gave me the message that I would need to have a boot manager like Acronis OS Selector (which I had installed). When I rebooted my computer, Acronis OS Selector found the new copy of Win XP that it labelled Win XP (2) but when I tried to boot to it, I ended up booting to the system on my C: drive Win XP (1). Regardless of which of the 2 Win XP operating system that I choose at boot time, I end up booting to the same Win XP (1). I have tried to hide my C: partition but still end up in the in Win XP (1).

How do I fix that?

Also I cannot use my mouse with Acronis OS Selector at boot up. I have tried to use all of the different options in the tools-option-input device but to no avail. I do not have this problem when I access OS Selector from Windows itself.

Thanks for your help,

Yvan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Yvan,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

First of all please tell why you decided that you boot into the same system each time? Every time your system partition will be C: and one of the easiest ways to differ one partition from another is to label each of them.

As for the mouse, could you tell please the model of the mouse and its type: USB or PS/2?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.