Twister av - 64bit soon?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ellison64, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

In an email they sent me, they made that sound like what happens. I find their cloud works pretty well. When I was testing last night, Twister flagged a file suspicious. I rather than just deny it, I clicked more options, and submitted via the cloud. It came back in about 2-4 seconds (after uploading) saying it was a virus. Pretty quick.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Ah, so there where it is! So now submitting it is an option that comes up when it flags something! I was wondering where the old "submit file" option had gone! :thumb:

OK, got back email from mr. Chu:

So, i guess, if you guys see a program update, check again to see if they fixed CPU spikes and please post here so that i can know too. :D I hope by "futher update" they don't mean v9, because given past history, this will take a while (cough).

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Yes, but it's not obvious. When the Clean, Trust, etc window comes up, within the wording their is a hyperlink(?) that opens a larger window with all kinds of options, including something along the lines of "submit for cloud analysis".

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Is anyone still testing this?

5. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I am still using it.
    The latest update seems to have stopped the cpu spikes for me.

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have to check that on my machines. I've been running it with the AV disabled.

7. Fuzzfas

8. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I noticed yesterday on one of my PCs that there was an update that required a reboot. I will have to re-enable the AV and see how it is. I've been running Defense Wall part only, which is very light, and still provides good protection. I run it alongside Kingsoft AV anyway, so I wasn't too concerned with the AV being shut off.

I believe the AV is the signatures, while the defense wall is the behavior blocker, heuristics, registry protection, etc...

9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I wish I could report differently, but it still seems to be gobbling cpu cycles for me.

10. Fuzzfas

Darn, you are right. I installed it over Shadow Defender and it spikes for me too. At one instance it did a 16% of CPU (and i have a 6-core).

11. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I see that all the time. Actually even 20-30% at times. EVERYTHING causes the CPU to spike with this program. Open CCleaner = spike. Open Process Explorer=spike. etc.... This program is always the CPU time "champ" if I have the AV module enabled.

For a company that had such a light weight product with v7, I'm sure sure what they did to the AV engine this time. I was going to buy another $30 lifetime license while still available (till 11/1), but I won't do it in its current state.

12. Fuzzfas

Yeah, big let down. I don't blame you for not buying another license. I had high hopes that maybe the program update would fix it, but, it's almost as if it's worse actually.

I understand they wanted to make a major overhaul in engine and behaviour blocker as they were saying, but, seems the engine part has turned out pretty bad cpu-wise. I do encode video quite often, can't have Twister sucking up 20% of CPU.

Shame i can't speak chinese. I would be very curious to know if there is a protest in chinese forum about this. Such CPU usage can bring down weak CPUs to their knees.

13. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I remember that one of very important things by using Twister 7 was to exclude some important and trusted apps from realtime scanning in "Extended Options", to exclude some important and trusted apps in "FDDS Trust Editor" and fix lower "Max scan depth" to 2-3. Maybe in 8 version it will be work?

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Thanks for the tip. I will try adjusting the depth to 2, and see if it has an impact.

15. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

16. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thank you paul.:thumb:
    It looks beautiful..Im a right sucker for graphics lol.:D

17. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Do you need to purchase to run only the defense wall part without the AV?

18. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Yes...

19. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

ok. and you still encounter this cpu spikes? even with the new settings?

20. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I uninstalled a few weeks ago. If they release a new build, maybe I will try again.

21. ELWIS1

ELWIS1 Registered Member

Twister has a great behavioral module. I run out of 20 samples, which are not detected and not allowed to infection:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.