That's the issue I have with this new version. For the most part I really like it, but when I check the CPU time, I see it's using a lot more cpu than most other AV programs I've tried. I have done any testing to see what actions spike the cpu, but maybe it is browser related. Edit: Just saw it was officially released today. New price for a lifetime license is $90! I was thinking about buying it when it was $30, or whatever it was, but no way I'll pay $90 for it while there are so many good free solutions. Not to mention I can regularly get bitdefender, norton, and webroot for near free on Newegg.