Twister av - 64bit soon?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ellison64, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

That's the issue I have with this new version. For the most part I really like it, but when I check the CPU time, I see it's using a lot more cpu than most other AV programs I've tried. I have done any testing to see what actions spike the cpu, but maybe it is browser related.

Edit: Just saw it was officially released today. New price for a lifetime license is $90! I was thinking about buying it when it was $30, or whatever it was, but no way I'll pay $90 for it while there are so many good free solutions. Not to mention I can regularly get bitdefender, norton, and webroot for near free on Newegg.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Yeah, browser was definitely making it spike and also opening a mkv file did. Even doing nothing was making the CPU go 0-1 all the time. Shame, cause it has few processes running (just 2 i think?).

Oh, they put it at 90$? Wow. I m glad i had bought it in the old days. It says "lifetime" and has something like a "war medal" icon next to it. :D

Yeah, i understand your position. I mean, i was an arch-Twistee here in the v7 days and i really love Twister, but i won't be using it either unless they fix the CPU thing. I encode video often and having opening a browser page taking 13% of my CPU is unacceptable. If i did nothing serious with the PC, maybe i could live with it. Shame, because feature-wise, it seems that it's upgraded compared to v7, although i didn't do any real test. I also love the looks of it, even the classic GUI is very attractive. But come on, the Twister i loved used to be light as a feather on CPU.

Given the slow update circle of the program, i hope that they will soon optimize it.

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Exactly.:thumb:

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Well said.Why pay $90 which is absolutely insane considering the top notch security solutions are far less.I certainly would not pay that for this crap when there are far superior FREE options.:thumb: :ninja:

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Its a little naughty that the site still says $29.99 but upon clicking to buy it charges the $90 :rolleyes:

UPDATE ..IF YOU CLICK PAYPAL LINK ITS 29.99 WHEREAS SHAREIT LINK CHARGES THE 90 ......

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Just bought a key using paypal. $29.95. Id hurry if you wanna buy one because it wont last long.

7. The Red Moon

Whyo_O?.
    When there are better FREE options.!!!
    I worry about humanity sometimes.:ninja:

8. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

why buy it? simple because i can.

9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Yeah I noticed the old site still listed it for $30, and I bought it a few hours ago. I was going to post it, but figured I'd wait to see if I actually got my key, or if the order would end up getting cancelled. Been about 2 hours, and no key yet. The site says within 24 hours. I figure they will either honor the price, or cancel the order. Either way, I won't pay $90 for it.

10. The Red Moon

Well the AV companies simply LOVE people with that attitude.Irrespective as to whether the product is good or bad as long as people CAN buy it then all parties involved are happy.:thumb:

11. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Speaking for myself, it is a $30 toy. AV testing is a bit of a hobby, and I don't mind spending a few bucks on it here and there. With a lifetime license, who knows if 5 years from now it is a kick butt program. I actually really like v7 & v8, just am hoping they get the cpu use under control. Other than cpu, it is a very light program. Low on disk i/o, tiny ram use, etc...

12. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

13. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

I know if would be good or bad, Like Clocks said its just a Toy. :argh:

14. The Red Moon

Each to his own .sounds like an expensive hobby to me.still it has its benefits i suppose.:thumb:

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I don't spend much money on myself. I live fairly frugally, and well below my means. $30 is an impulse purchase. $90, not so much. I have thought about buying a Twister license for years, with the fact that it wasn't 64bit holding me back. I figured this may be my last chance to buy it for $30. If I passed on it, I may have remorse at some point.

Guess I'll see if I get my key. If not, I feel confident I will be able to get my money back, one way or another.

16. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

just use paypal and not ShareIT

17. Fuzzfas

That's exactly why i had bought the v7 license too. I could see Twister as a diamond in the rough. And i like underdogs! Twister one day will become the chinese Kaspersky or Norton and i will be one of the first Twistees! :D :argh: Besides, i 've spent that amount of money for less useful things or software in the past.

18. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

the CPU usage are you talking about when its just idle or when you running a scan?

is anyone even running the new version ?

19. Fuzzfas

When running a scan, it would be normal. I am talking while i am browsing or opening big files. It spikes up to 10-13 and then drops back. Before you know it, you have a new champion of CPU Time in task manager.

I am running v8, as you can see in the images i posted above. I installed it over Shadow Defender, but i doubt it makes any difference.

20. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Laughs...
    I know what you mean and I wish I was in your shoes.

21. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

Which Languages has it?

Which Engine Works in it?

Is it a good AV?

Any Reviews from it?

22. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

1.Chinese and english
    2.I believe its their own engine
    3.I like it.It has plenty of options ,though lacks an up to date helpfile.
    4.I havent seen any reviews for this latest release.

23. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

no review yet, just came out today

24. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

has this been reported as a bug?

25. gery

gery Registered Member

the so long waited is out today check

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.