Twister Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wildvirus88, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Nice posts fuzzfas.
    You stated your opinions nicely and made some valid points.
    Well done. :thumb:

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

THANKS for that update!

Please (anyone) do me a favor -- when Twister actually produces per those promises, please let me know via message to...
    bell at bellgamin dot us

Reasons:
    1- I will buy at that time

2- I'm not always able to view Wilders every day, but I do get all emails

3. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

Thx for the update Badcompany!

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Indeed great news, any plans for a 64 bit version?

5. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Emperor Darious (your Highness :) ), if i can make a wild guess, if they do all that and partecipate in AV Comparatives (which requires some thousand dollars from Twister's part as a fee, from what i 've seen in the past) and scores well, i wouldn't wait too long , cause , honestly, i don't think they will keep the lifetime license for long... They will want to take some money back for their sweat.

Personally, i already feel a bit guilty if all this happens, with my lifetime license. :D I already consider it as one of my best bets and low cost/high output investments, i have ever done for my PC's software or hardware. If Twister gets even better, i will have made the bargain of my PC's life. :cool:

And i wouldn't blame Twister if they 'd want to stop lifetime license and start charging per year. Getting in AV Comparatives, means more expenses, more hard work to keep your reputation stable and thus needs also more income , which on its turn will allow for more pubblicity (Twister is unknown to the 99,999% of AV users outside China) , which on its turn will bring more income.

As someone that has every interest in seeing Twister improving, i say "Go Twister! Go!". :argh: (Fan boy hat on)

6. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

Well said fuzzfas, I cannot add more but to completely agree with you. I second that!

7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I wouldnt be so hasty in knocking down on life time licenses. And it is all unsubstantiated speculation anyway
    Sure, there are some software that dont have the power to live that long. (DiamondCS anyone? ) the but take Look´n´stop for example. I have had it for three years (I dont know how long it has been around before that) Fredric is still developing it and it is still going strong. Even if LnS lives only for a month more, I have only paid, for three years, what a normal 1 year subscription costs anyway.
    I dont see it so imposible for a company from a country with a billion inhabitants (which is their main market not to forget) to live long without making it a yearly subscription. Imo that is quite weak argument for not to use it.
    (says someone who paid for and uses Rising Firewall subscription :) )

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  8. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

For your information, Filseclab now has four types of license - Quaterly, Half Yearly , Yearly & Lifetime License.

All are currently available in the China market.

Perhaps they will offer yearly license in the International market in near future?

9. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

I wish the best of Luck to Twister. When I used it it very Very very good.
    I seriously think it will be a tough competitor to those like AVIRA>

10. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

I just bought a lifetime license and I must say that I'm really satisfied with their product. Fast, light and effective, I can only repeat it again! For some, the big amount of FPs are quite annoying, but I really like it! This program doesn't decide on its own, wether it could be a virus or not. It's sensitive and it tells me about everything that could harm me: I have a wide range of choices and less possibility of being infected.

This program is not recommendend for new users, as more knowledge is required in order to run this program.

Thats just my thought!

11. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

@ Zetelo

Welcome aboard fellow Twister pioneer! :thumb: Glad you like it. :cool:

12. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Lol it looks like a Avira copy cat but /shrug who knows.

13. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

The only thing bad about it is the FP.. It probably detects more FP then malware :D

seriously Fajo, this isn't "Just another" antivirus; It's fast, It's effecient. and very good detection for known and unknown. Ofcourse you have to be carefull of the FP.

You should try it! :)

14. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Lol no thanks I just could not use a AV that is named after a game that I found retarded in the first place. :rolleyes:

If I wanted something that Flagged everything as a virus I would use Spohors or wtf ever its called.

15. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

We should be commenting on products we've actually used/tried.

Otherwise it's just bragging rights, 'I've chosen more wisely than you. You're a **** using a ****ed product!'.

If we don't like something we've used, we should be giving constructive criticism so it gets better.

I don't mind twister. It's a solid product and it'll be interesting to see if it gets better while keeping the same low resource usage. Hopefully it does go through with being tested by AV-Comparatives. :shifty:

16. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I love how people always seem to assume other people don't try the product. Like the can't believe someone don't like it. :cautious:

17. bellgamin

For some apps, the fan-boyz become so blatant that it actually hurts the popularity of the software they are trying to promote.

In any event, my IT has tested Twister (TAV) again. For his small testbed (5478 specimens), it now detects 76%, which is significantly better than when he tested it almost 1 year ago (62%), but still not quite in the top tier. The small size of IT's testbed, however, means it is not conclusive as an "absolute" assessment.

Because of TAV's low price for a lifetime license, IT was considering buying several copies of TAV for use in an on-demand capacity. However, he found that TAV will not effectively function in an on-demand capacity. It is easy to cause TAV to NOT load at startup -- that can be accomplished simply by unchecking a block in TAV's options. However, whenever you use TAV to do a right-click (on-demand) scan of a given app, it loads & activates its full real-time apparatus into memory and STAYS in that state even after the right-click scan is completed. Thus, it is not good for use in on-demand capacity because it can easily leave the user with TWO antivirus programs running in real-time. Of all the AVs IT has tested, TAV is the only one that switches itself to real-time monitoring anytime you do a right-click scan. Therefore, it is not very useful as an on-demand-only antivirus.

One improvement noted by my IT is that TAV no longer loads Filseclab Messenger when running TAV in real-time.

18. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

bellgamin, that's some useful information. Good to note it's improved since when you tested it last. The messenger process also bothered me when I first used it. Didn't like seeing it in the task manager.

My comment wasn't to anyone in particular. I'm meaning the fan-boyz too.

Anyone who is clearly one-eyed. :p

19. bellgamin

Since my last post, the IT has reported another good point -- namely, TAV's commit usage has been reduced by nearly 60MB since not quite a year ago!

It's lighter in other ways, too. The added zip when surfing the internet is quite noticeable on our slow-cpu (1.7Ghz) machine. Not so noticeable on faster machines, but you can still tell it's there.

20. smith2006

Attached Files:

21. guest

guest Guest

this is very important.
    if its true, twister has not any clean cap.
    this is very bad for infected systems.
    if its true twister unuseful

can anybody tested it.

i test it with many trojan, spyware sample
    it dedect most of them
    but i have not virus sample, if you have please test and write

22. bellgamin

As to the comments you quoted, the originator thereof was merely stating general principles that apply to ALL antivirus programs. AFAIK he has not tested Twister AV and, therefore, is unfamiliar with its actual effectivenes with respect to cleaning of detected malware.

Thus, the verdict of Twister's cleaning ability must await competent testing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. AFAIK, cleaning is only required when the antivirus program is installed after a computer ALREADY HAS BEEN INFECTED. Why? Because a good antivirus program will almost always detect malware during download or, at worst, during installation. Thus, that malware is never allowed to be installed and infect the computer in the first place.

Thus, cleaning is only required when...

+The user has not installed an antivirus program, &/or has failed to maintain it up-to-date.
    OR
    +The antivirus program has failed in its main job of PREVENTING infections.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@smith2006 Thanks for the test data. Interesting!!

23. smith2006

No problem. :)

24. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

I can hardly believe that a^2 has scored better than Kaspersky, I'm not sure wether those products have been tested under optimal circumstances...:rolleyes:

But I'm still happy because of the unlikely fact that I've paid 29 bucks for a lifetime product that only scored 2 % less compared to Kaspersky. Go Twister go! :p

25. smith2006

a2 is actually a two in one (look at the signatures).

a2 = 20081002+ IK 71567

Ikarus = IK 71567

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.