Twister Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wildvirus88, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Works for me in Opera... But had trouble with US sites earlier this day, including Wilders.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Has any one noticed the Help menu shows twister V7, Then shows Images and info of 2005.o_O

3. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Filseclab - Recently, I've noticed a massive amount of virus signatures added to your list. Yesterday, you guys added over 5K. Quite impressive imo (in my opinion) although others will argue:

Amount of signatures vs heuristic detections. :eek:

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it ,but then again i very rarely look at the help files and usually blunder merrily along.There's not a lot of difference between the two looking at the pics though.
    ellison

5. Dark Shadow

More Issues I have noticed.(1)Last night I open the gui control panel and all the real time logos are grey as if the real time was disabled,But the real time was still running.(2)The option settings, for the recommended settings pane window is blank and will not allow me to change to other settings such as advanced and so fourth.(3)The schedule task allows me to set Daily,weekly or monthly scans but for specific dates and times the pane window does not open.Well Thats enough for me and sorry to say but twister will not be earning its trial period on my machine.It is really to bad because I like it but after some Time, maybe the bugs will be worked out and will try again at a latter date.

6. ellison64

I've noticed if you click all the logos they turn grey and stay grey even after restarting twister.They show disabled but as we know ,they are actually still active.Apart from that gui quirk i havent had a problem with the gui since uninstalling and reinstalling using "run as administrator" option when installing.The scheduler also works ok for me with everything accessible.I wonder whether its worth you uninstalling and installing as administrator if you already haven't?
    ellison

7. Dark Shadow

Yes, I did a complete uninstall even removed the registry keys. Then I reinstalled It as Admin and apperently have more Issues then the first Installation.o_O May be just could be my dumb luck.No bad Feelings here though, I think It has great potential to be a good contender.I will for sure test again at a latter Time.thanks very much ellison for your feed back.:thumb:

8. Filseclab

Filseclab Registered Member

Strange problem, we will trace this problem.

9. Filseclab

You need to use the 90 days trial key to register it first, the key placed in the Key.txt.

10. Filseclab

If you are using IE8, you may try the following way:

1. Download a update pack from http://www.filseclab.net/down/antirk.zip
    2. Close the Twister
    3. Overwrite the files to :\Program Files\Filseclab\Twister
    4. Start the Twister to try again.

If your IE version is less than 8.0, you may restart your computer to try again, if the problem is still in there, maybe your explorer.exe was injected by some other programs, you may make a full scan for your computer.

11. Filseclab

We will termly get a batch samples via sample-exchange, so this is normally.

12. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Sorry Bellgamin... Re-installed Twister back on my PC and it feels light on my system compared to PC Tools AV (beta version).

Plus, Filseclab has been responsive to the emails I sent and that's something I like about this company. Daily updates are impressive in my opinion and I like it so far. No complaining at this time. :)

13. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Originally Posted by sukarof
    I have twister on the rightclick menu but it has stopped working for some reason. When I chose to scan via the right click nothing happens.

Yes I have Vista and UAC. I have reinstalled it twice but I can not do a scan via the right click. The option "Auto run at windows start up" doesnt seem to work either. I have manually added Twister to startup, but then Vista blocks it and I have to manually allow it after restart.
    Now this could be because I might have a mess in my system. Anyone else with Vista having these problems?

14. cryon

cryon Registered Member

Hi

Been following this thread with great interest. Just a question though but may sound stupid. Currently I have OA (paid) and KAV 7.0 running. Is it possible to install Twister as an additional AV just for on-demand scan? If yes, what are the steps to achieve this. If it works, I might buy it since everybody here is saying how light it is to the system resource. Thanks.

15. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Twister's strength is as a lightweight primary Monitor in real-time and not as a backup scanner and therefore you might consider KAV as your secondary scanner.

But IMHO, unless you are having problems, just upgrade to KAV 8; lighter than version 7 and its detection rate is well-known compared to the unknown "official" abilities of Twister.

16. cryon

cryon Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat for the information. Then I'll juz upgrade to KAV 8 and disable the KAV's proactive module because of OA. Thanks again. ;)

17. ellison64

Maybe its UAC.I have twister running ok on vista home premium 32 ,but im using tweakuac http://www.tweak-uac.com/what-is-tweak-uac/
    and running in "quiet mode".I also installed twister with right click "run as administrator.Try tweakuac and run in quiet mode and see if it works that way.
    ellison

18. Jensen

Jensen Registered Member

Hi,
    On Vista I install Twister in a folder named Filseclab directly on C drive.
    I use Vista taskscheduler to start Twister at logon,so it wont be blocked
    at windows startup.
    jensen

19. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Isnt the AV in OA kaspersky ?. If so arent you just duplicating hereby running Kav 7 or 8 .

20. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

KAV is included in OA AV+, whereas poster indicates he is using OA (not the plus version). KAV is NOT included in the version of OA used by poster.

OA AV+ does use KAV -- AFAIK it uses an older, feature-limited version of KAV, NOT the latest full version of KAV.

21. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

thanks Bellgamin. I couldnt work out where his back up scanner went too ? . So he is just gonna upgrade his kav .

22. Fuzzfas

23. Filseclab

You may start the Task Scheduler service from the Control Panel->Management Tools->Services to fix the automatically startup problem.

About right-click scan, if it is not work after Twister installed to a simple path like C:\Filseclab, you may disable the UAC to try again, if it still is not work, we have no good idea now, we will analyse this problem and try to solve it in the next version.

24. Fuzzfas

False positive. ASFWHide is a driver of AShampoo Firewall Free, not a rootkit.

as.png

I can't submit it manually, because i 've seen it somewhere but windows search won't find it by name and i have to uninstall the firewall. So, just to let you know , if you can fix it.

25. munckman

munckman Registered Member

Minor point I imagine but KAV is not included in any version of OA. AFAIK OAAV+ uses the newest Kaspersky engine which is the same one that Kaspersky Antivirus uses. OAAV+ does not have many of the features of KAV so it is feature-limited in that respect.

Sorry if this is an OT post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.