Twister Antivirus 8 Arrived

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      87.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      239.2 KB
      Views:
  2. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

That looks a very awesome program.:thumb:

4. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Maymooms,

I, for one, and glad you started a new thread for Twister release 8. The other thread is full of beta information that, while informative, is not necessarly useful now that the new release is actually available.

And I agree, this product has an interesting set of features... :)

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Looks interesting. I've not really paid any attention to the other thread but guess its time to take a look.

Anyone here actually running it?

6. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

And any tests?

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

There we go,a 64 bit Proactive Defense wall.;) Blackbox and super rollback looks interesting.

8. fax

fax Registered Member

Digital Neural Network :eek:

9. gery

gery Registered Member

psychic -analytic Sigmund Froid -ish analysis
    lol

10. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

It's interesting if their "Defense Wall" is of the same strength as the "DefenseWall" of SoftSphere Technologies?

11. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I doubt it. It is supposed to be evolution of v7's "FDD". So it should be an upgraded behaviour blocker.

12. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Neural networks are used to model complex relationships between inputs and outputs or to find patterns in data. Digital (neural network) problably added to differentiate from artificial intelligence and biological neural networks).

Examples of neural network implementations of other AV's (to give you an idea).

WebRoot combines heuristics with age (newer executables are more suspicious than older) and reputation (popularity). When a new program executes which is not seen yet or very little in the community of WSA users, more advanced heuristics are applied and executable is marked untrusted. Untrusted processes can not change system objects and WSA trackes file and registry changes (to be able to remove these changes later). Also the exec fingerprint is send to WSA for further analysis

Avast combines reputation rating with behavioral analysis (touches startup entries in registry for example) with newness of executable (not in execution cache) and file being signed or not. Depending on level of doubt, Avast will automatically run this executable in the sandbox. Don't know whether the fingerprint of the executable will be send to Avast servers for further analysis.

Bottemline:
    - involves some sort of PE/heuristics/behavioral analysis
    - involves some sort of reputation check in the cloud
    - sends fingerprint to central server to learn whether it is malware through off-line automated analysis
    - determines execution (with restricted rights or in sandbox)

No idea how advanced the Twister implementation is (but is has cloud analisys and behavioral blocker, so it is credible to have some sort of digital neural network intelligence).

Regards Kees

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  13. gmB

gmB Registered Member

Twister AV gives me just a white square after the start on Win8.
    Maye it's not Win8 compatible yet?

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I think I saw a post about this issue on their forums, but did not read it. Maybe check there.

15. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

i love the video great music Reminds me on a Game.

video say More than 5 years expectations

pic say 10 year. what is right what is wrong?

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

They have a lot of high flying words for tech but is it really that effective as they say?

17. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I said the same thing in the other Twister thread! I could swear it reminds me game music, but i can't remember which one! Any idea?

18. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

reminds me of battlefield 3 music

19. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Wow that's quite the GUI, and quite the feature list. Wonder if it's effective or just fluff.

20. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

you have 4 days left til the lifetime key deal is over then it goes back to $90

it only cost $29.95 right now

21. gmB

gmB Registered Member

@clocks
    Is this the forum you meant? http://en.ftfans.org/viewforum.php?f=2
    There's a thread where someone with the same problem says it can be resolved by using the Compatibility-Setting for WinXPSp3.

Maybe that works, I didn't try. I've already removed Twister AV from my drive again. Using Compatibility-Settings on a program that's released in 2012 doesn't appeal to me. I'll try again, when a new version is released.

I'd really like to see some comparative tests with the new Twister engine to see if it's worth the money, i.e. it's better than the free solutions or at least on par with these.

But anyway, I've already shelled out the $30. I just can't resist affordable lifetime licenses at such a discount.
    I hope they get this Win8 compatibility issue fixed rather soon.

22. clocks

clocks Registered Member

That's it.

I uninstalled this from two computers, and nixed buying a second lifetime license. The CPU draw is just way too high my me, and I don't get the impression it is anything they will fix in the near future.

23. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I was one of the first western users of twister a few years back. It was very good at that point, did bad in tests but for real world experience did very good. I tried V8 myself and its really lost its original charm of being small and smart. Its now bulky with too many extras and a hard to navigate settings list. Back then it justified me buying multiple licences. I would say the same is not today as most free products have caught up in the modern era to where they are as good or better then twister AV. The problem has always been that its great for asian malware samples and not as good for western ones because its customers are primarily asian and only encounter asian malware on asian websites.

24. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Has anyone tried the build they released on 11/19/12? I'm wondering if they were able to reduce the CPU usage. I'm not sure they do change logs.

25. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I am not going to try it again until it improves to be honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.