Twister-AntiTrojenVirus Thread.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Taliscicero, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

A kitchen god?! What a lovely custom! It's very nice seeing old traditions being kept. I suppose this allows you to eat much so to keep him happy. :thumb:

Well, i suppose the chinese new year is somewhere about now? Then happy new year to you! :argh:

Sure, we 're a merry club and provide fun and entertainment too. Unlike old and rusty antiviruses whose members are dull and grim and will only talk of boring technicalities. This is what makes the Twistee different and worthy of a neologism in the urban dictionary! :D

Join the FilseCLUB! Be a Twistee!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

Will your genius ever find a limit? Amazing ''wordplay'' :argh:

TWISTEE is now a term that can be used officially! Yippie :p !

Happy new year as well! :D

3. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Sounds nice! Good job with getting the forum up so fast :D

4. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

I suppose you refer to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

Happy new year to all.

BTW isn't it the year of "Cow" this year in China.

I have feeling that this year will be lucky for me with this "Cow".

Hey, that's great.

One request if possible for this forum: If you able to add RSS Feed support to the web page, it will be great.

Hey you can bribe me :D . With Twister AV :cool: .

I don't mind *puppy* .

5. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

6. Fuzzfas

Nah, no genious... I just Twisted a word a bit! It's a side effect from using Twister for months. :D It's a mind-twisting antivirus!

Yes, thanks to Bellgamin (the inventor) and you (who officialized it)! Happy new year to you too!

7. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Happy new year, then. Again from me.

8. Fuzzfas

9. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

Thanks! The cool thing about this is that I have 2 ''new--year'' parties, one european and one chinese! I mean, it doesn't hurt to get more presents, imo :argh:

I did it!!! OMG! Guys, Twistees are now part of our society! I'm now more then just a student, I'm a twistee :argh:

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

11. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

#
    I forgot about that, Be carefull where you head is.

12. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

lol this page is hilarious, so much energy for an AV, the devs would have smiles on their faces :D

13. Fuzzfas

I find it refreshing, compared to the usual "mine is better"- "yeah, but mine is faster"- "let's explain in 100 simple steps the functioning of this new super antimalware program". :D

Why not having a bit of fun! And who better than Twister! An unknown software, from the mysterious China, the perfect underdog, who us the Twistees, have the opportunity to hope to see rise from anonymity , to a reputable software and this, as pioneers! And even if it fails to do so, who cares! It's the journey that counts, not the destination!

14. firzen771

i gotta say, the "twistee" community is def my fav :D and who can deny that they have the best name for their AV, hehe :p

15. Fuzzfas

Of course. And imagine if they decide to take advantage of their logo. I would make a twister (tornado)- like tray icon for the systray, swirling around when scanning (something like Avast's spinning ball).

And the best part! When Twister becomes China's Norton, you will say to your children "I was there, one of the first english speaking users of Twister, and present, when the wise Bellgamin and daring Zetelo made common the "Twistee" name for its followers. And i was there in the first english speaking dedicated forum for Twister. That's how i have this lifetime license that few today have". It's almost touching! :'( :ninja:

16. firzen771

LOL, and the twister spinning as tray icon would be AMAZING, that would be sweet to see, lol that alone might make me use Twister, HAHAHA

17. Fuzzfas

As matter of fact, i am going to open a new topic in the Twistee forum about proposals for a better Twister!

18. firzen771

nice, i really hope the devs take the suggestion into consideration, it would be a great idea.

19. Fuzzfas

I hope too. They have a decent product, but apparently they need an image-making and pubblicity advisor badly, i can't explain otherwise why they are so underestimated, even by the chinese users who prefer less capable AVs!

Even their website as pointed out before. Probably only ClamWin has a less "shining" and "ordinary" website... :ninja: Have you seen PrevX Edge's website? It's a new product but the website is so polished and attractive that it makes you want to try it. While most people in the west, if they visit Twister's site they will probably think "ah, this doesn't worth the trouble downloading, must be really below average antivirus".

20. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

But someone here has mentioned before that Twister's creation was based on an english-version, it was not supposed to attract so many chinese users but rather ''european'' users. But I wonder why Twister has so little influence on western markets and why their homepage is in such bad conditions, it is really strange. Isn't it more understandable if an antivirus company starts gaining more control in their own country before targeting other user groups? And I mean, hiring a web designer is so cheap in china, it shouldn't be a problem... Also, ftfans said that filseclab was only a group of people, then how are several people able to ''find'' so many virus definitions, several people to RUN so many updates, during weekends, during holidays, during whatever, they're always updating...

I don't know :eek:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  21. Fuzzfas

Actually, what i understood, is that initially, Twister was in english language but later, is targeted the domestic market. Here's what he said:

Yep, they must be working like mad... I was also told by a Chinese, that the fee asked from chinese users is about 7 euros. So their income must be lower than i thought, if they give lifetime licenses for 7 euros to the domestic market. Hopefully, with the new version they will become more known and income increase will follow. At that point, i expect them to abbandon lifetime licenses and go for 1 year license. This will help them hire more staff too i imagine.

22. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

I'm trying Twister since a week and it works very well!! also it has a great detection :D

I think that I am converting to a Twistee :argh:

23. Fuzzfas

Yep! Simple, light, doesn't slow down the system, decent detection. That's Twister!

As i was saying previously... We will conquer them all! :argh: Join the FilseCLUB!

24. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Id love 2 but id have to give up on my trustworthy fpav and i dont believe Twister supports 64 bit so for now ill just have 2 stay a satisfied n merry Friskie ;)

Tx for the invite though :thumb:

Anyways will keep reading this thread, most enjoyable so far - the more good products the better and my av might not be bigger then yours but i sure know how to use it :p

25. Fuzzfas

Whatever makes you happy! Besides, the Filseclub is open to all, it's more than av, it's a cultural trend, a social club! :D

Yes, and in the twestee.org forum, we were promiced we ll have a Filseclab official soon with fresh news. Also, as posted there, there will be a new firewall with brand new engine and it will be free. So more good news!

P.S: "Friskie"? I am afraid you won't suceed in having the copyright over that nor registering it in urbandictionary.com. You came too late:
    http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-3758120_alternate1_t400.jpg
    http://www.globalpackagegallery.com...ownloadItem&g2_itemId=51836&g2_serialNumber=2
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.