Twister-AntiTrojenVirus Thread.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Taliscicero, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Fuzzfas,

Have you ever tried KeyScrambler in combination with Twister and Comodo?

Is there any substantial slow down when using KeyScrambler, when are open several tabs in the browser?

The slow down is affecting the whole PC.

Can you please look up at this.

Thanks.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

No, i have never used keyscrambler in general... I 've no idea about that program, but honestly, i don't think i am interested in it. I am about prevention. If i need a keyscrambler, means a keylogger is already running on my PC. Besides, i go back to my ISR image (FD Pc rescue) so often, that any keylogger, even if managed to infect me, wouldn't stay in my PC longer than 1 week.

I also see Opera isn't even supported, so...

3. renegade08

Well i was asking if you or anyone else have some experince with this combination and difficulties like this.

I will wait for others what will they say.

Thanks for the answer anyway.

4. Fuzzfas

Well, i 've no experience with this program at all (never installed it once). Maybe you should also ask in the Keyscrambler thread in the antimalware forum. Someone with Comodo and this program may see it. The Twistees are few already, so chances of someone using it with Keyscrambler, are slim. Comodo users are a better bet.

Anyway, from the nature of the program, i wouldn't exclude conflicts.

5. renegade08

I finally decided to give a try to Twister.

I was truing different combination's in testing Snapshot, so as you have said there is an chance to be some conflicts.

Filseclab is so aggressive and it has so many FP's :blink: .

I think that i have some ninja on my PC that is kicking everyone any everything including Me.

Overall from the first impressions, the products is quite nice, performing well with small resource usage.

6. Fuzzfas

Ah, how nice!

LOL! As i always say, you 're never bored with Twister! :D Maybe it found some "trojan Zhelatin" too? (it's one of Twister's favourite FPs). :D

LMAO! :argh: You 'll get used to it. I suppose you 've had some FDDS "suspect" alerts too. Happens the first time you run something, before you "trust" it. And yes, Twister *is* aggressive. But, if you know well your legitimate applications, so to understand it's fake alert or FP, it can actually be a good thing to know that it's aggressive. Personally i feel better, knowing that the FDDS is "trigger happy".

Yes, Twister is easygoing. Some folks are unlucky and have BSODs. But if you don't, you ll see it runs smoothly and lightly. And also does on demand scans very fast, on files that aren't cab or jar. The times i scanned malware, it took a few seconds, when other AVs were taking more than 3 or even 5 minutes.

For FDDS "false alerts" you have to "trust" the process the first time. For False positives (of the scanner), you can also "trust" them and they will end in the "extended options" list. If you submit them to Filseclab, they 'll fix them, so you will be able to remove them from that list in a few days.

7. Fuzzfas

P.S.: To keep FPs at a minimum, use default settings, plus registry hi-prot and run key.

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Shortly after first installing Twister then just have Twister run a full scan & "trust" everything that it alerts you to (assuming that your computer is clean).

After that initial full scan, Twister's alerts should mostly be limited to new apps plus new/suspicious actions by old apps.

9. renegade08

It's nice to be home.:p

For pure luck it didn't found "trojan Zhelatin" .

They obviously are lacking good PR, marketing, support forum in English, staff, staff that speaks English.

But one thing is for sure: "They have an imagination"

Twister, Filseclab, Zhelatin .....
    Probably they have some team for them searching for sticky words.

"Just my pure luck", i suppose. NO BSOD here.

Thanks for the tips.
    I'm learning myself a little, which means at the hard way.

I think that once i've killed the svchost.exe process, because i had an alert, and then i have: "Your PC will be shout down in 1 minutes, please save your work, Counting, 50 sec., 40 sec.

Yes the joy and the fun with Twister seems that never ends.

The good thing is that i'm team player and i don't mind.

Things like this are not "surprise :eek: " for me, although i haven't have much great problems generally with my system.

When i see that something happens to my friends, even if small things( there are total newbies), they are so concerned like that is end of the world.

10. renegade08

I'll keep that in mind.

What if i decide to go to suspicious sites?

Would sandiboxing program be some adequate protection?

11. renegade08

Hi Bellgamin,

Thanks for that tip.

I've runed one scan and it took ages.
    I can't remember whether was 2.5 or 3 hours.

But i have snapshots with FD-ISR, so i suppose that this is normal.

BTW i don't see exclusion of folders for $ISR.

I assume too, that my computer is clean :ninja: .
    When i connect to internet is from clean image from imaging program, that has never been connected to internet.

:thumb: Thanks again.

12. Fuzzfas

All roads lead to Twister. :D

Don't lose hope! :D

LOL! This is true!

LOL! I know, this is an FDDs alert for suspicious behaviour. I 've seen it when i clicked on a trojan (for testing) that hijacks svchost.exe. I suppose it can happen with legitimate applications too...

Exactly! With most antiviruses you 're bored! They never say anything to you! You wonder if they really work. But not Twister! Either an FDDS alert or a FP, will keep you sharp and on alert! This is good practice for real malware! :argh:

That's the spirit of the true Twistee!

I know. That's why i say that Twister needs some experience in the AV use to be used. For newbies, it can become terrifying. Most don't even know the concept of behaviour blocking, so how to explain to them what FDDS and why it will product false alerts...

I always use Sandboxie for that. Twister will detect something as soon as it hits the hard disk. If it doesn't a sandbox will contain it. Also system virtualization like Shadow Defender or Returnil can do the job fine, but, since they only flush malware at reboot, there is some chance of data leak. One of the reasons i use PG free is exactly, in cases that i don't run Sandboxie, to be sure that i have execution control, cause you never know...

Ah, you must have many cab and jar files. Twister slows down to a crawl when scanning those type of files. Otherwise it's superfast. I hope that the new engine in v.8 will resolve this.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  13. Fuzzfas

BTW, busy day for Fairbanks today! 7 updates in a day, for 2367 new definitions!

v9.88.55209(02/16/2009.15:3:cool: released. For our 7th update today, we've added 82 new trojan and virus definitions. 2367 new definitions today, 1239882 in total.
    http://www.filseclab.com/eng/default.htm

14. LethalBoy

LethalBoy Registered Member

Fairbanks LMAO! :argh:

15. Less

Less Registered Member

Love this Twister.... running very well here.

16. Fuzzfas

Well, it's how google translates Filseclab from chinese to english! Who am i to claim that i know chinese better than google? :D

BTW, Fairbanks is on a killing spree today! 9 updates in a day!

v9.89.12331(02/16/2009.21:55) released. For our 9th update today, we've added 94 new trojan and virus definitions. 2563 new definitions today, 1240078 in total.

BTW, Lethalboy, i thought you had bought Dr. Web! :blink: Well, you can always join the Filseclub! :argh: We will conquer them all! Harrr! 1.gif The number of Twistees grows every day!

Ah, a new member and already trying Twister! It's almost... touching! :D

Welcome!

17. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

I think its because the big boys can sell their product without giving support. Look at symantec, they were selling a terrible product until the 2009 version, and searching the word norton in google would just bring up complaints of bloat and slowness. But this didn't stop them from making profits every year from the people who had it preinstalled and bought subscriptions thinking it was a windows needed program.

The little boys need to show they really support their product for it to sell. Just a week ago prevx help had a problem with someone who wanted a refund and had problems getting it. When people saw how much support prevx help gave, it encouraged people to buy it.

18. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

That was me :D

19. Taliscicero

Still nobody has any ideas what was updated in the latest version?

20. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

From their website:

twister.jpg

21. Taliscicero

Ahhh okay, I was wondering why i wasent getting my little auto-update popup :D

22. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Yes it was you :D

23. Taliscicero

Anyone here run Twister on vista?, I just got a 3'rd copy for my vista machine, And it works fine when i manually open it but the auto-start on windows boot doesn't work.

Anyone else having this problem and whats the fix :D

24. Jensen

Jensen Registered Member

25. Taliscicero

Thanks buddy just what i needed ;)
    -
    For some reason its showing everything but twister in that program xD

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.