Turn off Nero Mobile Advertisment ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mango, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mango

mango Registered Member

ive been trying nero premium on a machine with vista when i noticed a process, neromobilead.exe, using 50% cpu.

pda is connected, and ive tried nero mobile before. Since its not even close to other media players ive got no interest in it.

Ive looked, but i cant find a way to stop this process from appearing

2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello

Check these locations: press win+r type msconfig go to the latest tab called start up/boot (I have a non-English windows version so it could have a different name). If you see neromobilead.exe uncheck the item. Another location is the registry press win+r again now navigate to the following key hkey_local_machine and the follow folders and subfolders: software,microsoft,windows,currentversion,run take a look at the right side and delete neromobilead.exe so it will not start anymore together with windows.

Niels

3. mango

mango Registered Member

the nero ad.exe is in the nero folder under mobile.

It was odd that this thing would start, when i havent installed the setupneromobile.exe

searched the registry, and found it under winpatrol and active tasks.

Also under the key
    HKEY_LOCSL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE services\Autostartonconnect

Maybe should just delete that one?

I have no clue what "nero mobile Advertisment" is, and searching for it brings up nothing relevant.

Seems when installing nero, this sets itself in the registry to run when pda is connected. Maybe to "suggest" to install nero mobile on the pda.
    Problem is that this process doesnt do anything but hog cpu.

If i didnt check the task manager for what was happening, ive would have had no clue it was even running.

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

5. mango

mango Registered Member

thanks, that link is saved for the future

6. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.