Turkojan

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by RmTurkojan, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RmTurkojan

RmTurkojan Guest

Turkojan.. Am I the only one? Acronis software does not remove it... :(

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. Loganlojan

Loganlojan Registered Member

I cannot remove Turkojan either! I run Acronis, it finds it, it goes through the motions of deleting it, yet when I immediately run Acronis again, it finds it yet again. I estimate this has happened 4-5 times.

I downloaded a trial of Spysweeper, & ran it (58 minutes!) and it never found a single trace of anything.

I asked a friend about Turkojan. He said it must be finding new places to hide and that I should check my startup registry, and delete anything odd. So, I ran Hijackthis, and deleted about 6 funny things. That's when I ran Spysweep, and found nothing. I then ran Acronis, and Turkojan is STILL there! I've spent hours on this!

How can I get help?

Loganlojan

4. Loganlojan

Loganlojan Registered Member

And on top of all I said above, yes, I just now went and tried to get an update. Acronis told me no updates are available. So, what am I to do?

HELP!

Loganlojan

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Just a thought, if you're running XP do you have system restore enabled? It might be that the nasty is hiding here, which would explain why it keeps re-appearing.

Switch off system restore and see what happens.

Colin

6. TURKOJAN

TURKOJAN Guest

I've switched off my system restore and updated my acronis but Turkojan is still on my spyware threats !!!

i've scanned my system with Norton Internet Security 2006, Ad-Ware SE, Spypot and Spyware Doctor!! all of these softwares haven't been able anything!!!!

i'm completely confused!!

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Check the link in post #2 Turkojan is probably a false positive.

8. RmTurkojan

RmTurkojan Guest

I just installed Acronis PES v.9 and no trace of “Turkojan”. So perhaps Acronis PES v.8 has a false positive, in this matter. On the other hand, our good friend “Insanor” was still lurking around, even after Aconis PES v.9 said it was removed. “Insanor” remains and survives the battle with v.9.. :(

9. blacksadder

blacksadder Registered Member

I have also problems removing Turkojan and Insanor.

Its seems strange that so many of us are experiencing the same problem with removal and we all seem to have picked up the same two spyware programs. The one thing we have in common is that we all run Acronis!

I think these are both false positives due to a fault with Acronis which they need to sort out. This has happened before and Acronios were slow to correct that problem.

Another reason for my view is that I have run updated versions of Microsofts antispyware and the anti spy program that comes with Zone Alarm and both dont pick up these items, so it probably means that these spyware programs are not actually present.

so Acronis, WHAT DO YOU SAY?

10. RmTurkojan

RmTurkojan Guest

Acronis, I recommend that you address these issues and respond to both incidents that we users are experiencing. What is up with “Turkojan & Insanor”?

11. yas

yas Guest

I am having the same issue trying to remove Turkojan - tried scanning/removing several times and it keeps popping with Acronis (never shows up in others). My XP system is much slower at start and restart; also, when i delete items from desktop, the whole desktop refreshes (looks like I was restarting explorer), and launching programs like IE and outlook take longer than usual. Anyone experiencing same??

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

13. the shadow 04

the shadow 04 Registered Member

Hi ...............

I also have got Turkojan on my pc, and cannot remove it.
    I have done lots of checks and still no joy:mad:

PLease Acronis look into this......

14. Acronis Support

Hello the shadow 04,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please download and install the latest build (1429) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If you already use the latest build and still experience this issue then please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

15. MamboRocks

MamboRocks Registered Member

Running Acronis PES 8.0 which still has 249 days left of licence...

I'm seeing the same problems you folks are with Turkojan:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon|Shell...

Namely that PES is the only Ant-Spyware or Anti-Virus prog' that sees it (and then can't delete it.

McAfee Viruscan 10 can't find it. Nor Ad-Aware. Nor Spy-Bot. Etc.

This appears to be an issue dating way back to April 2005 or maybe 2004 (I forget when the thread on Insanor started)

But at least I see nothing of Insanor thankfully

It's about time Acronis work this one out!!!!

16. Acronis Support

Hello MamboRocks,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please be aware that you should use Acronis Privacy Expert Suite version 9.0 in order to get rid of this spyware. It is not a false positive. Version 8.0 of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite cannot take care of the Turkojan.

You are eligible for the free upgrade to Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0. Please visit the Product Updates section of our web site in order to download the upgrade.

Please also note that you should update Spyware Definitions by downloading the latest weekly update.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

17. Broooz

Broooz Guest

There seem to be mixed messages here.

1. Why are no other programmes picking up Turkojan - spybot etc. PE8 is only picking up one registry entry that seems to reinstate itself when you reboot. Is this really danger level 5. If so why isn't any other software picking it up.

2. Is PE9 safe to install yet. All the threads on this group point to unresolved problems. Whilst I would like to install it, I want to know the risks.

Do you know how many users have installed it without any problems please

Thanks

18. Broooz

Broooz Guest

Please can support reply to my message above this one. I still do not know whether to risk upgrading to V 9. THanks

19. Acronis Support

Hello Broooz,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that we cannot tell you the exact number of customers who use Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 and who of them experience any problems or who do not.

We may recommend you to install a free trial version of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 in order to make sure that the program runs flawless for you.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

20. Broooz

Broooz Guest

Thanks for your reply (noting that I was writing about PE v 9.0)

I currently own PE v 8.0 but am very reluctant to upgrade in view of the very severe faults noted by some contributors. Please can you confirm that these matters are either only affecting a small proportion of customers or alternatively that any major issues have been resolved

Thanks

Broooz

21. Acronis Support

Hello Broooz,

Yes, I can tell you that the proportion of customers who post their problems with Acronis software here is very little. It is about 1 percent of all our customers.

Most of the problems are related to the particular system configurations.

If you have a problem with Acronis software, please report it to Acronis support. By doing this you will ensure that your particular problem is known by Acronis and we'll do our best to analyze and fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

22. Broooz

Broooz Guest

OK thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.