Trying to push & install, what does this mean please?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Trying to pushan install, what does this error mean please?

Hi

I'm installing NOD32 on a small 2 user SBS2003 network. Nod32 for Exchange has installed correctly & I've installed the remote admin server & console on the domain server. I have been able to push the install to 1 of the workstations with no probs. The other workstation which has pretty well exactly the same config will not install. I get this error:
    Could not setup IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 1203)
    What does this error mean please?

(Workstation spec: PIV 3.0, 1gb RAM, Ewido 4.0, XP Pro SP2. McAfee Enterprise v8.0i uninstalled & rebooted.)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Is the workstation properly logging into the domain, not a local login?
    All Windows Updates installed on the SBS box..so that it has the fix for the XPsp2 firewall gp?
    Do you get challenged for the Administrator/Password when you try the push?
    DNS setup properly? The workstation is using the IP of your SBS box as its one and only DNS server?

3. Biscuit

Thank you for your reply.

The pc is logged to the SBS domain & there is only 1 DHCP server. SBS & all workstations have all updates (using WSUS).

Yes, I am challenged for the administrator password.

The workstation is using the correct IP settings for the SBS box & works correctly with other products, Outlook, IE/Fx web access etc. Web access is via ISA & configured by SBS standard procedure with 2x nics. It is also able to access the server shared folders.

I'm not hugely convinced that the workstation is running correctly though. I was unable to remotely access the workstation from the SBS server management console. o_O

I think therefore that I may have a GP issue, rather that a NOD32 issue. As the workstation was unprotected, I manually installed NOD32. I have noted that it will not update from the nod32sigs directory on the server, but will update from the 'net.

4. YeOldeStonecat

5. Biscuit

Thanks for your help with this, I will try the utility later today (it's early in the UK at the moment).

I just tried the c$ access & was able to access the root with no problem.

6. Biscuit

I just ran the utility & it has fixed everything! I uninstalled NOD32 & pushed the install again which worked perfectly. I can even remotely manage the computer via the server management console.

Thank you very much, I have learnt some useful things today!

7. YeOldeStonecat

:thumb:
    It's a great tool...one of the many I carry on my USB thumb drive (bag-o-tricks). I've used it many many times, often gets rid of some glitches.

Gotta love SBS2K3 eh? I love the remote assist built into it...so I can sit at home, connect to clients via their server..and reach their desktops easily to help them.

8. Biscuit

Yes, thanks again. Any other useful utils you can suggest for my memory stick? :)

SBS2003 is a good product & easy to setup & maintain. With the 2003 version, it's really come of age & grown up from those shakey wizards we got in earlier versions. :blink: :cool:

9. YeOldeStonecat

Yeah I hated 4.5 with a passion.
    2000 was pretty decent though...I still have quite a few of those running out there.
    smallbizserver.net is a great resource...they went to subscription services for their tech articles..but it's still a good deal.

Other little tidbits for the thumb drive? Here's a couple-o-more..
    Eusing free registry cleaner
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/eusing-free-registry-cleaner/eusingregistry.html

CCleaner
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/CCleaner/ccleaner.html
    (Run this first on infected machines before you do a malware scan..it does a good job of clearing temp internet files..saving you lots of time during scans. And it can clear the index.dat. Also has a built in registry cleaner.

10. Biscuit

Thanks for the links.

I've used smallbizserver.net for support & info in the past, haven't switched over to the paid-for articles yet though. I've used their remote support once last year when I had an SBS2003 server shutting down DNS every 3 days. That one turned out to be McAfee Enterprise v8.0i causing trouble. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.