Trying to partition second hard drive...

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by acegap2, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acegap2

acegap2 Registered Member

I have two hard drives and want to remove Disk 1 from the computer to use as the only disk in another computer:

http://i43.tinypic.com/4huxxw.jpg

Disk 0 is the Operating System for this computer and is to remain as is.

I'm having trouble trying to partition Disk 1...

1) I want to merge the pale green 4.16 GB of Free space with New Volume 5 (N)

2) Then, to divide the resulting partion into two equal sized useable partitions

3) Then, format the 40.56 GB of unallocated space into a useable partition.

I have got so far with Vista Disk Management and Paragon Partition Manager Free Edition 2010 but can get no further.

There is data in DRIVE 2 EMPTY (M) that I would like to keep but the rest of Disk 1 is basically empty.

Any help gladly received. tia

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

DISK -2010-03-16_015848.jpg

You need to rt click the Extended partition on Disk 1 in the Paragon partition list screen , and select Move/Resize.

ext-par-5-2010-03-16_020648.jpg

Drag the rt edge to the left , then Apply.

ext-par-4-2010-03-16_020618.jpg

The Free space will now be Unallocated space - meaning it will be outside the Extended partition and adjacent to N.

Very easy then to incorporate it into N.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  3. acegap2

acegap2 Registered Member

Panic over... I managed to delete evey partition except the first DRIVE 2 EMPTY (M) that contained the data i was juggling with... then the new partitions just fell into place. Bingo. Thanks for the reply SIW2, couldn't have done it without you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.