Trying to do a backup, but...

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by SnidelyWiplash, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnidelyWiplash

SnidelyWiplash Registered Member

Hi to all,
    I had an issue a little while back about trying to make recovery media on an SD card. As it turns out apparently paragon does not support that, because I just tried using a new USB thumb drive and it went through without a slip. But now I have another issue actually doing the backup action. I ran through the wizard just fine, but after applying with the commit button the process seemed to start just fine so I ran off to handle some other issue of life and when I returned several minutes later I found the backup had ended in failure with the following error message:

error source: Hard Disk Manager
    error code: 0x12016

Can anyone tell me what this is and how I can resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can be.
    SW

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Try to change Hot Backup Options:
    - Open Paragon program in full scale
    - Go to Tools-Settings-Hot Processing Options
    - Check if "Enable Hot Processing" is selected
    - Choose Paragon Hot Processing in Hot processing technology section
    - Select "Use hot processing only when partition is locked"
    - Press OK
    Check if backup now works.

3. SnidelyWiplash

SnidelyWiplash Registered Member

Hi Mach_An,

I tried your suggestions and here is what happened. At first everything seemed to be going well. It completed the backup and said to close the window, but before I had the chance to do that another message window popped up with the message that the process failed, because it couldn't read (file?) I can't remember exactly what it said. But anyway I decided to attempt backing up again if for no other reason than to have another look at those messages. Unfortunately shortly after starting the write process, windows detected a problem and shut down to prevent damage. (Blue screen) I can't remember the last time I saw a blue screen in anything other than pictures in magazines. This machine has always been stable as a rock and faster than lightning. This was not a comforting experience.
    I really don't know what to do next. Maybe running paragon is not such a good idea? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    SW

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

What antivirus do you have?

Please switch to VSS back and run CHKDSK C: /f from the command line. (it requires restart). Perform CHKDSK for all partitions.

Once completed, check if backup works.

Do you have another backup program installed (e.g. Northon Ghost or Acronis) ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.