Trying out the beta suite

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by WigglyTheGreat, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I just installed Eset Smart Security beta on my Vista laptop and all is working good so far. I like it and look forward to the the final release. I currently have Nod32 av licensed. Are we supposed to enter in our keys or does it matter? Currently it says essbeta under user name and password. Thanks from a happy customer of one year.:thumb:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You don't have to enter your keys to use the beta. :)

3. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

Ok thanks ronjor. It is still running extremely well for me on my Vista Laptop with an AMD Turion single core processor and 1gb of ram. I just decided to also try it on my desktop computer which has Vista with a Core 2 Duo and 2gb of ram. So far everything is very good on that too. My internet connection is running full speed from the speedtest I just ran I am getting very close to maximum speed and resource usage isn't even noticable. After booting up processor usage is 0%-1% which is good because I like to keep a lean and mean system. Full system scan doesn't slow the computer in the least and is speedy. One bug I have is when using the password protected option to protect setup parameters I am able to disable real time av protection still without having to enter the password.

4. JohnPlayer

JohnPlayer Registered Member

Been a user of Eset anti virus for about 16 months and thought I'd try the suite out. So far no problems apart from spam module being over choosy. So a :thumb: from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.