Trying LnS for the first time, can someone help me with a few basic questions?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by justenough, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

I've read that the Windows 7 firewall is pretty good, but I like that LnS is a lightweight firewall with outbound protection, and I just loaded it for a trial. So far it's working fine. Except, why is there an alert tone every 2 minutes? When checking the log, the alert has my router address. Is there something I can do about that?

Should someone like me with basic computer skills add Phantom's ruleset? Are there any other settings I should be aware of, starting out?

Thank you for any advice.

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I am not sure about the tone alerts. I remember getting them and went to options settings and turned the sound off. Phamt0m's ruleset is excellent. I have been using it since I purchased LnS a few months ago. I am not using the dll protection option. It generates a lot of popups. I do have most other options set including password protection and application filtering. I do not "lock" the computer though.

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The extended rules set that comes with LnS has been more than enough for me over the years. I have made a few tweaks to it using the Raw Rule plugin downloadable at the Look N Stop site. Phantoms rulesset is highly regarded around here though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.