Trying anoter AntiTrojan program?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Comp01, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I wanted to try another Antitrojan program (With all this crap going on about "the beast") And I dont really like TDS3, so, how exactly is TrojanHunter? I just want somethng, very simple against Trojans, boot it up, and scan.. I do not need 150 different little features on it :doubt:

2. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

TDS3 can be a little overwhelming at first, but is actually quite easy to use once you get into it.

Have a look at the following pages (if you have not done so already)...
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=easytouse

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=2871

The repackaged version of TDS3 even "turns up" most of the features by default; that were previously not turned on in the "earlier" version. Most of the "Scan Control" options I believe.

I personally do not use most of TDS' features to the fullest, but with execution protection installed and TDS updated you already got a pretty well protected computer from trojans. Any other features/utilities that you decide to use with TDS you can consider a bonus/extra :) .

I have yet to use TrojanHunter but from what I have read, you would not be disappointed if you decided to go in that direction either.

3. claire

claire Guest

Here's for you Compo1

http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/review-trojan-hunter.htm'

4. musicman

musicman Registered Member

There are a lot of good Trojan scanners on the web. If your looking for a simple easy to use Trojan Scanner may I suggest Trojan Remover. You can read all the info at the their web site.
    http://www.simplysup.com/tremover/download.html

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

May i suggest to look at www.wilders.org for reviews and downloads?

We always tell the people to shop around and try programs on your own system, update them and try again. There are good programs, very good and top notch. From the latter are only 3 mentioned frequently in the forums too.
    Quality, reliability, support, uptodate, security of course, compatibility with other programs, ease of use, etc.
    Certainly with the upgrade and new software around the corner would advice to take your time: that's what evaluation versions are for!
    Feel free to ask in the forums, always many experienced users around.
    And yes, each has their own favorites, of course, so look what you like most and really keeps your system happy and secure with yourself, of course!
    Looking forward to your next experiences! Please post ahead!
    The big three do run very fine together on one system, btw, to make it even more interesting to test!

6. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

It's not clear what antitrojan program you have been using...

So you've been trying TDS, and are looking for an alternative to it?

Of the top three recommended at Wilders, BOClean is the epitome of simple, and Kevin has gone to great lengths to assure users that BOClean handles "Beast".

Of course, if it is BOClean that you've been using, and are looking for an alternative, that's fine, it just wasn't clear (to me) from your post.

7. sig

sig Registered Member

Can't get any easier than BOClean. Resident only and automatically updates itself. Kevin posted in the rather long AT question thread here if you care to read his posts (on the 6th and 7th pages if I recall correctly.) No free trial but a 30 day money back guarantee no questions asked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.