Try&Decide Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ambient_88, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Hello,

Pardon me if this has been addressed before; I used the search function to see if there's a thread that has already been started regarding my issues--I didn't find any.

Anyway, I am currently evaluating TI 2009 and decided to try the "Try&Decide" feature. I tested to see if it is persistent across reboots, and it seems to be. Before the OS loads, I am presented with a screen to choose whether to continue Try&Decide or discard the changes. Now, here's where the problem arises. Whenever I choose "Continue using Try&Decide" the computer reboots and asks the same thing again (i.e. endless loop). It works fine when I choose "Discard the changes."

Any idea what's going on here? Is this is a known bug?

Thanks!

2. lesterf1020

lesterf1020 Registered Member

try recreating your secure zone. Most Try & Decide errors stem from something wonky with the Secure Zone.

3. martymonster

martymonster Registered Member

This was discussed in Oct, but no response from Acronis about it yet.
    Seems to be a bug although I have not yet tried it with the latest version 9646
    Just tried it with 9646, still does not work across reboots.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ambient_88 and martymonster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

ambient_88, please make sure you use the latest build (9646) of Acronis True Image Home 2009. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please clarify the computer motherboard model.

Please also describe the exact sequence of actions performed before and in Try mode that leads to the problem (including Try&Decide settings).

Then submit a request for technical support or use our Live Chat service. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.