Try and Decide

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bigdog9586, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Registered Member

I tried to use the Try&Decide but on my Vista machine it comes up with something wrong with the driver or whatever, reboot and if you still have problems to reload the program.
    Well I deleted TI11 out completely with the manual directions and reinstalled it but it still don't work. So right now I have the the secure zone setup at 200 gigs but how low can I go since I can't use the try&decide plus I'm on Vista Ultimate which my understanding won't save a backup inside the secure zone. I'm thinking of cutting it down to as small as possible since it is basically worthless to me except for the recovery function which I do use. I find I have less trouble making a backup using the recovery mode (F11) on boot. Also I feel this way I'm sure I get every file saved since you never know if it will save a file that is running in windows.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bigdog9586,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

For the purpose of only hosting Acronis Startup Recovery Manager it's safe to reduce Acronis Secure Zone to 50Mb size.

Could you please clarify the exact text of the error that appears when trying to use Try&Decide feature?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. bigdog9586

First a little background. I have Vista Ultimate on a 2 month old Dell XPS with 2 hard drives, each of 1 teribyte. The C: drive has a hidden partition from Dell to reinstall OS back to the day I bought it. D: drive I have installed the secure zone on and is set at about 175 gigs. Yesterday I made a complete backup to this location. Anyway I thought I would try out the feature of try&decide. Everytime I tried loading it I got the following message. Try&Decide has not started due to an error of the Try&Decide driver. Please reboot your computer. If this does not help, reinstall the program.
    I rebooted a couple times and then done a complete uninstall following the manual directions found here. This did not help either. Yesterday for some reason I clicked on the check box Track changes of system partition only. Now I am able to use this feature. I have tried it on 3 different times and it works with this box checked. Hope this helps.

4. Loulak

Loulak Registered Member

For your S.Z. are you usng an external drive? I had the same problem (Try&Decide feature) but switched to an internal DASD and the Try&Decide feature works fine. :)

5. bigdog9586

No, both my drives are internal, C & D. Whats funny is my secure drive is on the D drive but when I clicked on the box to only monitor the system drive all worked as it was supposed to and my sys drive is C and D is where the secure drive was setup. That I can't figure out. I guess it would monitor both dirves as I have programs on both drives. Does this mean the try and decide won't work with programs on the D drive?

6. futurebeam

futurebeam Registered Member

I have the same problem as bigdog9586.
    I am using TI11 on a Vista(32) SP1 machine with AMD DualCore processor and NVIDIA nForce SATA Controller/Driver (AHCI).
    When using "Try&Decide" feature, TI11 always tells me, that it cannot start because of a driver error and recommends to reinstall the application. That doesn't help though.
    As bigdog9586 stated, it works when checking the box to backup system partition only.
    What can I do to protect all partitions?
    I know the thread is almost 3 months old, but maybe someone found a solution in the meantime!? I'd really like to use the "Try&Decide" feature.

Absolutely any hint is very welcome :)

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello futurebeam,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.