trusted site with security certificate issues....

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by bgfalconboy, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I was at this site of West Coast Imaging in California and had a problem when clicking on the "secure online order form" link in this page.
    http://www.westcoastimaging.com/wci/page/services/customprints/exreprints.htm

Gave me this page.https://westcoastimaging.com/wci/page/services/orderforms/onlineforms/orderreprints.htm

If everything shows up find for everyone else, here's what showed up for me. "This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
    securely to westcoastimaging.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
    sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
    going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
    this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
    trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

westcoastimaging.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for www.westcoastimaging.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Is my connection compromised? I'm using Sprint's mobile broadband service on my laptop.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I believe I would let West Coast Imaging know they may have a problem. Every browser I tried returned the warning.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Agree with Ron. It's a Webmaster's error. Wondering how much business they are losing because of it?

bgfalconboy, the problem is that the Certificate is issued to www.westcoastimaging.com but the secure online order form link does not include the www. If you scroll down to Reprints - Order Online, that link works because it includes the www in the URL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.