TruImageMonitor And Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MikeDC, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeDC

MikeDC Registered Member

Windows 2000 Professional (SP4) and I cannot seem to create an image when the TruImageMonitor is running. What happens is the monitor and the software try to image/access the drive at the same time and locks it. The minute I kill the TruImageMonitor process and try again, it works like a charm with the just software running.

Suggestions? I am running the most updated version of Acronis and this problem has persisted since the beginning.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MikeDC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please describe what happens if you try to create image without terminating the TrueImageMonitor.exe process? Also please clarify what you mean by "software" in your previous post. Is it Acronis True Image or some other software that is running on your computer?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. MikeDC

MikeDC Registered Member

What happens is...

The imaging software will run showing the icon with the red arrow in the bottom right side of the software window and on the windows taskbar as well... these icons will show active until finally after several minutes I will get an error saying that it could not get exclusive access to the drive.

If I go into the Windows Task Manager and kill the TruImageMonitor process and then try to make an image from the Trueimage software, it works fine.

It seems as if two processes of TrueImage try to access the same drive at the same time- each locking out the other.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MikeDC,

Could you please try the following workaround (do not terminate the TrueImageMonitor.exe process):

- Go to Start\Settings\Control Panel;
    - Open Administrative Tools\Computer Management;
    - Open Storage\Disk Management;
    - Close Disk Management window.

Then please retry using Acronis True Image.

If it doesn't help please contact support@acronis.com and send us your Windows System Information file (see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for instructions).

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.