TrueimageDOSCmd problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asanramon, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asanramon

asanramon Registered Member

Hello,

I am having a problem with TrueimageDOSCmd. I captured a disk image of an IBM X205 Series System. This system has a parallel ATA IDE drive and an OS 4690 operating system. I used a rescue media to captured the image. Now, I'm trying to restore the image (under DOS environment using TrueimageCMDDos) to an IBM X3200 system. The X3200 has serial ATA drive. I am doing a disk restore (TrueimageCMDDos /deploy /harddisk:1 /target_harddisk:1). However, the restore process does not work. The system will not boot. I'm getting a "Non-4690 Disk" error. All the data seems to restore on the HD. It just wont boot. I also tried the /preserve_mbr option, but to no avail. If I restore the image using the same process to another X205 Series system or X206 system (also with PATA IDE), it works fine. If I use the rescue media to do a disk restore to an x3200 system, it works fine also. Does anyone knows if trueimagecmddos capable of restoring an image captured from PATA IDE to SATA IDE? or am I just missing some parameters in the command? The rescue media seems to works fine.

I'm using TrueimageCMDDos to try to automate the restore process from CD. This seems the only viable option for me to automate the restore process. The One-click Restore is out of the question since it only works in Windows and our systems do not have a CD/DVD writers. I have to save the image to a network drive and create a bootable DOS CD with the image on it to do an automated restore. Any suggestions on a way to automate the restore process from CD is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello asanramon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that it's possible that since you're restoring the system to different hardware, it may not have necessary drivers installed. We may recommend you to try installing the drivers for the target hardware on the original system, and then creating an image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.