trueimagecmd.exe serial number problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Skakke, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skakke

Skakke Registered Member

Hey.

I have a problem when trying to boot on a winpe. I cannot use TrueImageCmd.exe. Is it possible to use TrueImageCmd.exe with my serialkey on a WinPE?

C:\TrueImageWorkstation>TrueImageCmd.exe /list /filename:C:\TrueImageWorkstation\image.tib
    Serial number is incorrect.

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Acronis uses their version of the BartPE plugin with the WinPE ISO Builder. That is a limited cut down version that does not need a serial number to work. You can try adding the proper serial number to your WinPE registry. Export HKLM\Software\Acronis\TrueImage from you normal Windows system. Import this key into your WinPE Software hive. The see if it will work.

3. Skakke

Skakke Registered Member

Hey.

Thanks for the quick response. Your solution works, when I try to /list a .tib image on my WinPE, but when I try to deploy, I get the following message: Cannot find the neccessary program modules. Please reinstall the program.

I've tried to export HKLM\Software\Acronis\ and corrected the valuepath's to X: (default boot drive letter for WinPE). I've also copied the entire trueimage directory to program files and programfiles\commen\acronis on my winpe. Do anyone have any idears?

4. Skakke

Skakke Registered Member

If it's not possible.... Can I use trueimagecmd.exe on BartPE instead?

5. Skakke

Skakke Registered Member

The only thing I wanna do is to make a scripted deployment of a image when I boot on a DVD. Is this not possible? :doubt:

6. mustang

mustang Developer

It all should work if you make a BartPE disk using my plugin instead of the very limited Acronis plugin. My plugin uses the same version of the program that is used in normal Windows. Just compare my inf file to the Acronis inf file and you will see why theirs is so limited. There really is no advantage to using WinPE instead of BartPE. I don't have a script to add my plugin to WinPE. You would have to add all the registry entries by hand. My BartPE plugin is self configuring from a Windows system with TI installed.

7. Skakke

Skakke Registered Member

Okay. Sounds good. Where can I find more information about this?

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.