TrueImage7 - only works once!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cocteau48, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocteau48

cocteau48 Registered Member

Being an absolute beginner to this imaging business and have just purchased my first external hard drive I downloaded Acronis7 to give it a try - and it worked beautifully - creating an image of my entire hard drive in under 20 minutes.
    However the next time I tried to repeat the exercise the prog just hung at the last stage telling me that no backup had started.
    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the prog and once again it worked perfectly but the scenario repeated itself - when I attempted to use it a second time it hung at the last stage.
    Can anyone point out where I may be going wrong here?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Version 7 is a very old version. Did you make the bootable Rescue CD to perform those procedures, if not try it that way.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Is it possible you downloaded a demo or a copy that was crippled/limited in some way. You should get yourself something more up to date like ATI 8 or 9.

4. Kallex

Kallex Registered Member

Hello!

Well picking up an ancient edition of a program will lead you to unpredictable unforeseen places (and not in any good way).

I mean unless you specifically had a reason to go for the ATI 7 (which based on your post didn't have); I suggest you grab latest version and try the process with that.

Br,

Kalle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.