TrueImage7 - only works once!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cocteau48, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocteau48

cocteau48 Registered Member

Being an absolute beginner to this imaging business and have just purchased my first external hard drive I downloaded Acronis7 to give it a try - and it worked beautifully - creating an image of my entire hard drive in under 20 minutes.
    However the next time I tried to repeat the exercise the prog just hung at the last stage telling me that no backup had started.
    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the prog and once again it worked perfectly but the scenario repeated itself - when I attempted to use it a second time it hung at the last stage.
    Can anyone point out where I may be going wrong here?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Version 7 is a very old version. Did you make the bootable Rescue CD to perform those procedures, if not try it that way.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Is it possible you downloaded a demo or a copy that was crippled/limited in some way. You should get yourself something more up to date like ATI 8 or 9.

4. Kallex

Kallex Registered Member

Hello!

Well picking up an ancient edition of a program will lead you to unpredictable unforeseen places (and not in any good way).

I mean unless you specifically had a reason to go for the ATI 7 (which based on your post didn't have); I suggest you grab latest version and try the process with that.

Br,

Kalle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.