TrueImage Linux Agent Install error on SLES9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MikeMiller, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeMiller

MikeMiller Registered Member

We're currently evaluating TrueImage Enterprise for our office. When attempting to install the Linux Agent I receive the following error message:

Acronis True Image Enterprise Server Setup failed to build kernel moduels. Consult /var/log/trueimage-setup.log and /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.7.9/build/make.log for error messages.

Below is a cut+paste from the make.log. I elected to attach the setup.log as I assume it's not as useful and it's pretty long :)

> cat /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.7.9/build/make.log
    DKMS make.log for snapapi26-0.7.9 for kernel 2.6.5-7.97-default (i586)
    Mon Dec 11 13:56:01 EST 2006
    make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.97-obj/i386/default'
    make -C /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.97 O=/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.97-obj/i386/default modules

WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.97-obj/i386/default/Module.symvers is missing, modules will have CONFIG_MODVERSIONS disabled.

find: /linux: No such file or directory
    CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.7.9/build/snapapi26.o
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.7.9/build/snapapi26.c: In function `do_init_session':
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.7.9/build/snapapi26.c:1970: error: structure has no member named `max_hw_sectors'
    make[3]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.7.9/build/snapapi26.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.7.9/build] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
    make: *** [modules] Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.97-obj/i386/default'

Attached Files:

2. ehall

ehall Registered Member

SUSE 9.x doesn't have symbols defined by default, so you need to create them first. Easiest way is to do the following:

cd /usr/src/linux/
    make cloneconfig
    make prepare-all

The first "make" will copy all of your current kernel settings, and the second one will generate the symbols needed to build a new kernel (but won't actually build it).

You'll run into this a lot with SUSE 9.x and third-party tools.

3. skolaut

skolaut Registered Member

If have performed the statements above, but the error still occurs. What libraries and packages do I need?

Kind regards
    Helmut

4. barfly4711

barfly4711 Registered Member

We're also testing the Linuxagent on SuSE 9.2 (64 bit Kernel). We've got exactly the same problems and exactly the same error message.

I tried:

cd /usr/src/linux/
    make cloneconfig
    make prepare-all

.....no success

On SusE 10 (32bit), ist works fine.

Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.