TrueImage Home 2009 & Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SchodMC, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SchodMC

SchodMC Registered Member

Hi,

today I updated from TrueImage Home 10.0 to TrueImage Home 2009. I recreated the AcronisSecurityZone and also the tasks. Everything works fine, exept the Outlook Task.

Everytime, when Outlook is active, TrueImage failes to backup my Outlook Profile. I can only run the task sucessfully, if Outlook is closed. But I'm sure that TrueImage Home 10.0 creates the Outlook Backup while Outlook was running.

Has anyone an idea, what I can do? BTW, it is the same for the application settins backup. It won't run until FireFox is closed. :(

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium x64 with all latest updates. And I have also all latest updates for Outlook 2007 & TrueImage Home 2009.

I'm logged in with my user account, having administration priviliges (whatever administration priviliges means to Vista ;)) SchodMC@gmx.de

Thnx
    Marc

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI has been unreliable at backing up Outlook for several versions. It works best when doing a My computer backup -- and, if using version 12/2009 then you need to be sure to not exclude any files when you create the backup or the restore will muck up the Office installation.

3. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I believe the Office issue is only related to the .bak files - just excluding this type of file solves the problem.

4. shieber

It doesn't solve it -- it's a user workaround, a bit of duct tape over a problem left users by Acronis. But even before this, ATI has been unreliable regarding Outlook backups-- as if, Acronis neer really understood how Outlook works -- which might be because MS makes it so hard, but, imo, Acronis shouldn't pretend they understand Outlook when they don't.

5. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

It's a bit more than a 'workaround' as you put it. Simply unticking excluding the .bak files works - it's not like you hacking the program or bodging it. Alright, so by default ATI shouldn't have those files excluded - I've created backup tasks and left out any file exclusions. Perhaps in the next build they'll make sure no files are excluded.

6. shieber

It's not that ATI shouldn't have defaulted to excluding bak files -- it's that it shouldn't allow excluding aprticular Outlook bak file (at least not without a warning).

I'm not against user workarounds -- I've urged a few in my time for other Acronis oversights in it's software -- e.g., the infamous "safely disconnect softare" bug in ATI11. I jsut wish Acronis would stat turing out higher quality product -- even mediocre would be a step up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.