TrueImage 9.0 Silent install with upgraded serial?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marcelser, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcelser

marcelser Registered Member

Hi,

I read that it is possible to do a silent install of True Image 9 by extracting the .msi package and then use the following command-line:

start /wait msiexec.exe /i z:\packages\acronis\AcronisTrueImage.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL PIDKEY=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx /norestart /qb-!

This basically works, but after the install has finished, acronis complains about an incorrect serial. Of couse I rechecked that the PIDKEY is correct but the problem persisted. So I reinstalled acronis manually to see where the problem is and I saw that when installing it manually it is not enough to enter the serial (because I purchased an upgrade), no you have to enter the old serial (from TrueImage 8.0) as well to get it working.

So my question is: How can I silently install TrueImage 9 with an upgraded serial? Is there an additional parameter, something like OLDPIDKEY=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx?

If this is not possible, how can I get a full serial number which let's me do this thing, because I use a deployment system to rebuid my pc from time to time and I really want to use this feature. And I don't see why a long term customer with an upgraded serial shouldn't be able to do this whereas a new customer would be able to.

Thanks for letting me know.

Marc

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, you can use the OLD_PIDKEY parameter in order to enter the "old" serial number:

msiexec /i <msi> /qb- PIDKEY=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx OLD_PIDKEY=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.