TrueImage 8.0 upgrade--scheduler no longer works--WORKAROUND

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jasimon9, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasimon9

jasimon9 Registered Member

After upgrading from 7.0 to 8.0, the Scheduler no longer works, giving error 1722. After checking this forum for this error, it says to make sure that the Acronis Scheduler 2 services is running.

The service was stopped. It failed to start. Apparently the reason is that the path to the program in 8.0 changed from the 7.0 path. There are no longer any files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\" and it appears that they are now in the application installed directory.

I was able to workaround the problem by just copying schedul2.exe from the application installed directory to the directory shown above.

Besides the workaround, how should this condition really be fixed?

2. W0lfman

W0lfman Registered Member

3. works4me2

works4me2 Guest

I did a clean install of 8.0 build 786 on WinXP and had the same problem with the scheduler, however, I could not find the files (schedul2.exe and schedhlp.exe) in the application installation folder.

An uninstall from Control Panel > Add/Remove, reboot, and reinstall resolved it for me and they magically appeared in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\" after the reinstall (I did not perform any registry or other "cleaning" after the uninstall, just a reboot).

Possibly an undocumented feature of the installer?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello works4me2

The TI installer is known to be unreliable (as is the uninstaller - see this <thread>). An uninstall/registry purge/reinstall often overcomes a number of TI problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.