Trueimage 11 file exclusion

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marcaronson408, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcaronson408

marcaronson408 Registered Member

I just upgraded from the version of Trueimage 11 that was on my CD to the latest download on the support web site. Unfortunately, when I attempt to use file exclusions for the form "*.mpg" the backup fails as described in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190647

I did not have this problem on the original version installed from the CD so it looks like a regression. I tried install the latest drivers as suggested in that thread but it did not help. Is there a way to solve this? thanks!

Marc

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marc,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If you installed SnapAPI build #337, please remove it by means of Add or remove utility, reboot the computer and install SnapAPI update build #359. This file is the latest one for Acronis True Image 11 Home. Reboot the computer again and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. marcaronson408

You are correct that I downloaded and installed SnapAPI build 337. Where do I download build 359 from? Thanks!

Marc

4. Acronis Support

Hello Marc,

Thank you for taking time to contact us.

Sorry, I forgot to provide you with the link. The file is available in this article, you need the SnapAPI update file.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. marcaronson408

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, that does not solve the problem. I get the error "E00070021 -- unable to create volume snapshot" if I files that need to be excluded. Some more info:

1. I am running Acronis True Image 11, build 8101.

2. I used the control panel to deinstall the old snapapi.

3. I rebooted.

4. I installed the new snapapi.

5. I rebooted.

6. Problem described above happened.

7. I ran chkdsk on both partions being backed up, rebooted.

8. Problem described above happened.

Thank you for your help,

Marc

6. Acronis Support

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your response.

It appears that the program failed to exclude the files matching the specified criteria. Try to exclude the folders that contain the undesired files. If you want to exclude some folder it should be kept in slashes. Here is the example: C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Test\ In this example folder Test should be excluded using exclude specified file/folders option.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. marcaronson408

Oleg, I selected "Exclude files matching the following criteria" and had only 1 entry that contained the following (without the qutoes): "e:\example\"

The same problem occurs. The log entry shows: 33 (0x70021) -- Unable to create volume snapshot: None

Marc

8. Acronis Support

Hello Marc,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It looks like the latest SnapAPI module available for Acronis True Image 11 Home fails to exclude the folder (just curious, what is the size of this folder?).

I am sending a request to you via PM.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.