Truecrypt Reboot says need to format the Disk

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I Encypted an entire 200gb exertnal Drive with TrueCrypt, and everything was working great. I mounted the partition using Auto-Mount devices, and chose a drive letter. Still no problems. I had more than 1 external drive connected by usb 2.0 to the same computer, and I needed to unplug one of the drives to use my flash drive. I accidentally unplugged the encrypted drive while the drive was still mounted. I got an error message, and I do not remember what it said. I was still able to remount the drive and access my data, but with an error message. It ask me if I wanted to let windows scan the partition to correct any errors on the partition. I didn't use windows to correct the partition because in my experience in the past windows made me loss data under similar situations. Ok, so i copy all the content of my encrypted drive to another external drive, and reencrypt the drive using the option to encrypt a non system partition drive. I then copy the data back to the encrypted drive. Now each time i reboot my computer I get a prompt saying " you need to format the disk in drive I before you can use it. Do you want to format. I did not get this prompt until now. I'm worried that someone else or maybe even I may accidentally reformat the drive if I continue to get this prompt at boot. I'm using W7 64bit. What can i do so windows does not continue to give this prompt each time I reboot.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.