Truecrypt Password Problem, Have Recovery Disk

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by solstu, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solstu

solstu Registered Member

Hi all,

I am trying to log in to a laptop that has not been used since the end of last year. The laptop has Truecrypt 7.1 along with Windows 7.

I am 99% sure i am using the correct password. On entering the believed to be correct pass I am met with an "Incorrect Password" message but not "Incorrect password or no TrueCrypt volume found".

I have the recovery cd and hoped this would provide an easy fix but due to my lack of experience where such matters are concerned I am unsure how to proceed with the use of the features offered on the cd.

Other points of consideration:

At start up the laptop automatically goes into Windows startup repair mode.

The laptop was recently with an ex girlfriend who threatened to damage the laptop! although on return I can see no obvious physical sign of damage to the machine - considering the laptop-s current state / issues could any attempts at damage have caused these issues?

Access is highly desired without wiping the system in anyway as lots of sentimental material is present which cannot be replaced.

Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.