Truecrypt Missing Partition Table/volume corrupted/non-accessible

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by thidisbogus, Feb 10, 2018.

1. thidisbogus

thidisbogus Registered Member

New member and I can really use some help.
    I have an encrypted flash HD that was set up using TrueCrypt. Today, as I was trying to access it, it told me the header was corrupted and told me to repair it. It is 64GB and I didn't know any better so I had to go ahead and have TC repair the header using backup stored on the HD.

TC said it successfully repaired the header, but now when I try to access the volume this happens:

1) I CAN successfully mount it, it accepts the password, and lists itself as \Device\Harddisk1\Partition0

2) After mounting, when I try to access the volume it says "(drive letter) is not accessible. The volume does not contain a recognized file system."

This HD contains years and years of family photos, videos and documents.

I have come across the following threads:https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/truecrypt-volume-corrupted-non-accessible.337041/ --- https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/truecrypt-missing-partition-table.336671/
    and they seem to be very applicable to my situation. I am trying to do a sector by sector clone as Dantz recommended. I am using the paid version of AOMEI Backup Professional software. When I select my drive, it says "the empty disk cannot be cloned. You can use the freeware AOMEI Partition Assistant". What do I do? If I create a partition on my original I destroy the files yes? Am I using the wrong software?

2. chrislimbers

chrislimbers Registered Member

Did you ever retrieve your data. Sorry for the two year late response only just remember my password to get in lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.