Truecrypt - location of .iso on encrypted volume

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by sfmitch, Jun 5, 2016.

1. sfmitch

sfmitch Registered Member

I have a Windows 7 laptop that is encrypted with Truecrypt. Will no longer boot into Windows.

I want to decrypt so that I can fix booting issue.

I don't have a rescue disk.

Reading posts on this site - it sounds like there is a copy of .iso of rescue disk on my encrypted drive. I took drive out of laptop and have it connected to another computer. I can access the "C:" drive on the encrypted partition but can't find any .iso file.

Any help?

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Hopefully you will find the file you need within the "user's default documents folder". Default positioning will only apply if YOU did not change the path when you performed the encryption process.

e.g. - many users decide to copy their TC rescue image to the desktop so it is staring at them to assist in the burn of the disc. Did you do that? For now when you have the OS open on the second computer go to your user and then its document folder. If you find the image copy it out to a flash and then burn it to an Optical disc if you have a computer that uses one. Alternatively you can create a bootable usb flash and perform the needed functions using that instead of an optical disc. The disc is much easier for new users.

Good luck.

3. sfmitch

sfmitch Registered Member

What is the name of the TC rescue image?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.