Truecrypt and drive letters

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by amarildojr, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarildojr

amarildojr Registered Member

Hello,

I sepparately encrypted my two partitions with Truecrypt, C: and D:, but now there's a letter D: which I don't know why it's there, as shown in the picture bellow, and I don't remember how to hide it.
    Seems like I can't find information about the how to hide it too.

http://s24.postimg.org/te3p1ojzp/Capture.png

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Very simple to do. Open disk management and remove the drive letter D. If you have a "My computer" icon on your desktop just right click it and select Manage. If not you'll need to get there through the control panel. Then under storage --- > management. You will see the partition you want and then remove the drive letter assigned to it. You will get a warning notice that any programs pointed at D might not start. Your partition is fully encrypted so you can ignore that flag. Relax, I've done this at least a hundred times!!

3. S.B.

S.B. Registered Member

Go to: Control Panel -> System & Security -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage

Once you are there, scroll down to your D drive (most likely labeled "DVD (or CD) Drive D"); Right click on the D Drive and select "change drive letter and paths"; click the button labeled "change"; then select the drive letter drop down button that appears and choose the drive letter you wish to permanently assign to your DVD drive; Click "OK".

You are done. (you may want to reboot).

Regards,

[Edit] Looks like Palancar already got this while I was slowly pecking out my answer on the keyboard. :) But to reinforce what he said, you shouldn't have any problems doing this. [End Edit]

4. amarildojr

amarildojr Registered Member

Oh yes! Thank you all. It's been so long since I used Windows for the last time I forgot these simple things.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.